U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:13 PM

5,296 posts, read 12,432,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
Hill Country HANDS DOWN
I agree!! The humidity is horrific in East Texas. A friend of mine from out of state drove through there and stopped at a shop to buy a few "take homes." She said she came outside and within a few minutes, her fingers were dripping with sweat. This was at 10:00 a.m. Grant it, it's pretty there but if you don't like humidity, it would be tough. It's humid enough in the Hill Country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 05:46 PM

50,863 posts, read 41,920,812 times
Default Pine Trees Or Limestone Rock Cuts

You do have a hard decision on your hands. After you've lived in Texas a long time, picking parts of the state for living or visiting is often like picking your favorite kid.

What a great state!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:13 PM

342 posts, read 630,484 times
we are also looking at those two areas. Have not been there yet, but are coming and spending the month of May looking at the Tyler area and the Hill country. Having looked at real estate in both areas we are finding that the east has a less expensive realestate. There appears to be about a $100,000 or more difference in the median house price. While I'm at it does anyone know the building requirements in Smith county? Do they have some perameters on splitting acreage?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:44 PM

5,642 posts, read 14,743,822 times
It's muuuuuuuuuuuuch much cheaper for land and homes in the East Texas area, and it's pretty there.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
It's muuuuuuuuuuuuch much cheaper for land and homes in the East Texas area, and it's pretty there.
I've even looked there and I so agree, but I just know what the humidity is like. It's so not fair; I wish it were the other way around with the $$$.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,837,143 times
Just a suggestion, but I once lived just north of Palestine Texas, and the humidity wasn't so bad, the weather had colder winters than a few miles south, and there are actually some areas between Athens, and Palestine with decient hills for the same cheap East Texas prices. Then again you are kinda out in the middle of what some people call no where. That's a good thing to me though!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 99,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Just a suggestion, but I once lived just north of Palestine Texas, and the humidity wasn't so bad, the weather had colder winters than a few miles south, and there are actually some areas between Athens, and Palestine with decient hills for the same cheap East Texas prices. Then again you are kinda out in the middle of what some people call no where. That's a good thing to me though!
I grew up in that area north of Palestine (living in Houston now, can't wait to move!) and compared to Houston, the humidity in ETex is nothing! Though I do remember early morning practices and hating the fact that my hair would frizz.

It is hard to compare the Hill Country to ETex. Completely different parts of Texas, each unique and beautiful in their own way. Real estate is more expensive in Hill Country, though the quaintness of the towns is worth paying for. You actually get a "fall/autumn" in ETexas and its so green and pretty in the spring.

And whoever said about the KKK is ridiculous! That's like saying that all Texas has is cowboys and Indians.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 PM

The Hill Country gets a bit of the taste of Autumn as well.

http://www.metronetiq.com/archives/t...%20Country.jpg

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM

5,642 posts, read 14,743,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
The Hill Country gets a bit of the taste of Autumn as well.

http://www.metronetiq.com/archives/t...%20Country.jpg
now that's pretty! No boom boxes, loud car mufflers, trash and muggins out there, eh?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
now that's pretty! No boom boxes, loud car mufflers, trash and muggins out there, eh?
Amen! That's my kind of living for sure...absolutely gorgeous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas