Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times

Advertisements

Good place if you're looking to be recruited by the KKK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,737,015 times
If you get off I-10 and drive on the back roads you can hear the banjo's playing in the background mixed with random gunshots.

Last edited by diablo234; 04-24-2010 at 12:07 AM..

Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,474 times
I've lived in Vidor 55 yrs. You people don't have a clue! No KKK there. If the KKK wants to start something, they come from Pasedena. We do have our share of "white trash" but not as "backwoods" as most of you think. I think it stands out to prevalent due to being a small town. AND, we DO have some African-American students in the school system. Shame on all of you for judging w/o real knowledge. It is a very safe town w/good schools. Try it........you MIGHT just like it!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,474 times
All of you sound pretty "racist" yourselves. I've never heard any banjos playing in the backroads, and I have never been approached by anyone to join the KKK. So there! You losers need to get the facts straight!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb0405 View Post
All of you sound pretty "racist" yourselves. I've never heard any banjos playing in the backroads, and I have never been approached by anyone to join the KKK. So there! You losers need to get the facts straight!

Not racist in so much as haters. It makes them feel superior to someone else to put them down and that appeals to some folks natures. So, its just human nature.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
As I posted earlier, I grew up in Orange, right next to Vidor. While Vidor is definitely not my favorite place, you would have an extremely difficult time finding Klan members there. That kind of stuff is dying out with each generation. In all honesty, as a minority myself, I would feel safer in Vidor than in Port Arthur/Gulfway drive or the Beaumont downtown avenues. In fact Vidor is much better off than a large part of Orange, too. The older people may talk or point fingers in Vidor, but I have never seen a real "bad part of town" there like I have seen in other Golden Triangle towns. I think people are confusing Vidor with some of the isolated communities far north of Orange.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 AM

3 posts, read 16,833 times
I have been to Vidor, and some areas are trashy, but not all of them.
My husband and I made the mistake of moving to Houston. Now that's trashy!!! I am caucasion, and down here if you are not black or an Illegal that only speaks spanish then you are treated like you are not supposed to be living in you own country!! We are from Las Vegas and have only been here 2 weeks. So far we have been robbed, called gringo, and been given dirty looks all of the time!! We are trapped down here and want to move out of this area. My husband is a journeyman carpenter and wants to get a job over by vidor, but no places will help us cause we are white and speak english!! Any suggestions??

Last edited by LaurieB1968; 11-03-2010 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: Added more

Old 11-04-2010, 05:48 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieB1968 View Post
My husband and I made the mistake of moving to Houston. Now that's trashy!!! I am caucasion, and down here if you are not black or an Illegal that only speaks spanish then you are treated like you are not supposed to be living in you own country!! We are from Las Vegas and have only been here 2 weeks. So far we have been robbed, called gringo, and been given dirty looks all of the time!! We are trapped down here and want to move out of this area. My husband is a journeyman carpenter and wants to get a job over by vidor, but no places will help us cause we are white and speak english!! Any suggestions??
You really need to try other parts of Houston including the suburbs. It's waayyyy larger and much more diverse than you are thinking.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 AM

1,006 posts, read 734,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieB1968 View Post
Why do I have the feeling she's exaggerating do to the nature of the thread?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,943 times
Default Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad 2 be Human View Post
Well, I am not sure how much experience anyone who has commented here, actually has had, with, 'living' IN, 'Vidor', not, 'close' to Vidor, but INSIDE and AMONG the 'beings' which dwell inside the 'muck' of it all.

As the title states, I am 'white', as most "caucasians" tend to be. I am 'anything' but a "redneck", as 'most' everyone in the "southeast" TX area, seems to be, and I will place both hands, on any religious dogma, or on any, family member's grave, swearing, in their name, I was, in no way, appreciated, during the time, I did 'spend', living there. In that, 'place'.

Please, do not fool yourselves or the rest of the World, by imagining, Vidor, only discriminates against people of 'darker' skin. No, they have been 'socially' pressured, into having to "hide" that side, and maybe, are becoming a bit a better at it as time goes by, to those who don't know better.
However, they are not all that 'particular' about who they discriminate against in their 'race against ignorance'. Oh no! They are bound and determined to win that 'Race' for sure.

I experienced this first hand, up close and personal. Not just the average, run of the mill, "Vidor, Red Neck, skank, introduced me to this 'fact' guys. This was shown to me by Vidor's Finest! Yep! The City of ViDor Police Department of REd Neck Officers. And, I was so honored to be able to experience a male and female of the species, at the very same time, exhibiting the same, red neck, aggressive, authoritative, ignorant, "you didn't do anything wrong", But, we drove here, came in like "Turner and Hooch" on Crack, so Now we Have to totally Humiliate You, for Having a service Dog, who helps to mitigate the disability, We are Going to DEMAND you tell us, Since you dOn't "Appear" to be Disabled, and STOP trying TO tell Me, about any 'Rights', 'I' want to see a
'Card' or something, I don't know ,you are NOT
'required to carry, for you to be able to Enter, 'Any' public building, with any Animal, trained, to provide a service, for 'anyone' with a medical disability of "any" kind. "I" don't care, If I can look up your dog's registration number, on the "United States Service Dog Registry" website, and see a photo of him, where I can also see your I.D., so that with 'whatever' brain matter I 'may' have, I could 'see' the dog is, obviously, doing his job, right in front of me, right this moment, because, while I am busy, Screaming at you, about having your dog, in here, when you were on your way out, when we 'shouldn't have even Came here, in the first place, I have obviously, only made, at least, one of the disabilities you may have, begin to surface, and your 'service dog' is now, behaving strangely, and, uh oh, maybe I should back off, But, NO, I WONT!, everyone is Watching, and I can't Stop now!"
"WHAT?, A.D.A.? I don't care about that... Where is the card? I need some kinda card, so I know that dog is s'posed ta be here. What does he do any how? Huh? What's his 'Service'? > < " Sir, he is an alert dog. And he helps remind me of certain things at certain times of the day, that I sometimes forget?"> < "ALERT Dawg? What alert does he give ya?"> < "Sir, I really don't have to give any information about what my particular 'disability' may be."
"Alrighty, You can go to jail for trespassing then." > < "What? Why? I just paid for $34 in items. They are going to press charges against me?">

The rest faded into a very distant murmur...and I know I must have just glazed over... I have no idea how much longer they both had their thrills, "making fun", taking turns, jabbing their sticks at me, all because the idiots, who worked at this "Dollar General", called them, after advising me, "animals', other than, "seeing eye" dogs, were not allowed in the store. Nothing else was mentioned, after I informed them, People with disabilities 'other' than 'blindness', used dogs to help them with their disabilities as well.

Nothing was said, as the employee, met me in the back of the store, and begged to let me 'pet' service dog , and stalled me. Stalling me even further, when it took her 10 minutes, to scan 7 items, take my money, give me change and put it in a bag, just as "Turner and Hooch" showed up on the Scene To save Vidor from The evils of a person with a Service dog helping to alert for early warning signs of chemical changes that could possibly be dangerous in some environments. (Anywhere within a 40 mile radius of Vidor, being among those 'some' environments)

I remember being told, "get out of here, before you 'do' get arrested."

I know I had never felt so helpless in my life. I knew I could not move or speak. They were waiting for me to make the slightest move or sound, that would give them any single reason, to put those, shiny cuffs, tightly around my wrists.
And only because, they did not know about the "American with Disabilities Act". And felt really stupid, for having to make Me, tell them, just how Ignorant, they really were, especially being in the 'law' enforcement field, and 'civil' law, in 'Vidor' of all Places?
So, Yeah, Someone, HAD to Suffer the Price of their Frustration of the Entire Matter.

I was frikken scared to breathe, and yes, I was on the edge of passing out. My poor dog was freaking. He had been alerting me from the start, and I was not able to respond, as I always had before. Instead, I only got worse, and just 'stood' in the same place. He was suffering the same confusion I was. All the training he had gone through, and the first time I 'really' needed it 'most', I didn't respond the way he was expecting and had always been rewarded with.
Mutha Fkrs!

I finally got to my car. I couldn't even think about driving. I was shaking and about to pass out. When I looked up, The Two officers were sitting in separate cars. Both of them, sitting, watching me. Crap! I was screwed.
It was either drive, risk everyone else's life. Or, get arrested, and have, who knows what, happen to my dog? I did what "I", had to do. And started the car. I pulled out, onto main street, took a few deep breaths, both hands on the wheel, and just stared at the road and focused on getting home. UNTIL, The Flashing lights in my Rear view mirror caught my eye. After that guys, I have no idea, 'exactly' what happened.

That was in July of 2009. Two days ago, April 20,2010 I got a pink 'postcard' in my mailbox. It was letting me know I was on a warrant list.
I kid you not, the exact wording is, "To avoid any further 'Embarrassment', car towing, or possible arrest, ...blah, blah, blah, contact vidor court .blah.to find out how much you owe."

Holy crap! Turns out, someone, probably one of the two, at dollar general, 'supposedly', issued a ticket, for an "expired inspection sticker", to me, on that exact same day. Seriously, I do remember the lights behind me, and that's all. I was so overwhelmed, I suppose they could have issued just about anything they wanted, onto me, and I wouldn't have known it. I had no idea about any ticket. I have looked everywhere in my car, my back pack, and all the places I would have put a 'ticket', and I honestly, can not find a sign, of having one. But, damn, that was almost a year ago too. Why am I just now hearing about this?
I actually left that 'Sewage' 5 days after all this happened, and I was leaving before any of this happened. I don't know what information they got from me, or what I told them, if anything? There is no telling. How did they even find out where I am living now? And really, how did they see my inspection sticker, from 50 ft behind me? If they wouldn't have been harassing someone with a service dog, at Dollar General, on a Sunday afternoon ,They would have never seen any inspection sticker in the first place. And that's if it was even expired at the time.

It's just been a little too long for me to remember what day it was I had my inspection sticker changed. I will admit, I am always late doing it. Gee, I don't ever remember being an entire year late in doing it. Never, have I had a warrant for my arrest, for anything, Least of all, for having an expired inspection sticker.

Yeah, these people are some Kind, Loving, Folk, alright.
You go right on in yonder N make yur self at home. Yessur, go right ahed!

Yall *** bac now, ya here.??
I do not quite care when this happened exactly and yes, the police in Vidor are sometimes idiots. We do have a very low-class city and yes all officials in this city need to be re-educated. I am a Highschool student IN vidor and i would like for this information to be shared: We are in an era where racism is beginning to not be a problem. As well as our police have new members and are begining to gain inelegance. I truely would like people to know that we are a very safe town and honestly, the only thing you have to worry about would be following the rules and law. i'm not sure if this post will change the minds of the rest of the world, nor do i care. I know I've been living here my entire life and i have a best friend who is Mexican, and our school caries an excellent program, from what I've seen, for disabled children and the only thing wrong with not only this school but the world, would be human ignorance and pride.
Acashara, Out.
Top o' the day to you all~~~~~!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas