U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2006, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 7,853 times

Advertisements

Anybody live in Stonebridge Ranch in Dallas?
Can you tell me all about this place?
How are the schools?
How are the people? friendly?
How much for approx 3400 sq foot new construction?
How much are the property taxes?
is it really as beautiful as the website?
How are the residents feel about New Yorkers coming to live there?

Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,446,105 times
Stonebridge Ranch is in McKinney. I live in McKinney and not too far from there. Stonebridge is a great area to raise your family in. Anything you want to know in particular?

Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM

How are the schools? They are very good and they are putting finishing touches on a new high school out there due to all the growth.
How are the people? friendly? Yes extremely!
How much for approx 3400 sq foot new construction? Homes are a huge price range at Stonebridge depending on the builder you want. Stonebridge runs from the mid 100's up to over a million. I pass a sign quite a bit that says that.
How much are the property taxes? The property taxes are high for us here but I don't know if being from New York it would be considered high or not. Our taxes are 16,000 for the year on our home here which wasn't near that when we lived out of state on a property that was the same value.
is it really as beautiful as the website? I don't know what web site you have looked at but McKinney has some very pretty areas. I went to Stonebridge yesterday to drop off my child for a play date and the village ( street) was beautiful. The entry was impressive and the home were extremely lovely.

How are the residents feel about New Yorkers coming to live there?
We would love to have you regardless of where you are from. Being from New York is not an issue and should not be. New York is a great city and usually a great city is made up with great people right?

Old 07-20-2006, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 7,853 times
If your property tax is $16,000, the value of your house must be way up there in price. (In other words, i guess you don't have a house worth 300,000 and paying 16,000 in property tax)

Thanks.....can you tell me anything more about Stonebridge. I'd appreciate it

Old 07-20-2006, 06:02 PM

Hi, yes we are in a high end home. Our home has over 4600 square feet, so it is high due to the square footage and all the mill work and nice kitchen put in. As much as we love it we are starting to regret it. We never anticpated that electric and natural gas to go up like it has or that the appraisal district would charge us for the appraisal not the price we bought. We found out the day we bought it, the price it appraised at 20,000 more. We have been thinking of moving to another neighborhood around Mckinney, were feeling our way around this issue though, still deciding. We basically traded, our home out of state is the same price but smaller and more simple. 300,000 dollars can get you a nice home here, we though did not know that when we got here, the realtor only showed homes that I asked to see and had no idea that there were homes that are perfectly fine, just cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: