Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 08:04 AM

31 posts, read 50,427 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be visiting texas in december for my bday.. and we have no idea what are some good neighborhoods to look @ apartments in because we will be relocating to texas in april. Our basic wants are simple but we do have a lot of them: 1. Affordable, nothing more than $550 a month 4 a 1 bedroom. 2. Nice peaceful neighborhood because we have a one year old. 3. A city where we are able to catch public transportation 2 work, if somethin ever happens to our car. 4. Close to a good daycare, a park within walking distance. 5. A swimming pool either @ the apartment complex or close by. 6. A VERY VERY GOOD HOSPITAL WITH THE BEST AND MOST SPACIOUS MATERNITY ROOMS.. since we're thinking about having a second baby(not in a 1 bedroom of course lol) 7. We are only in our early 20's so not a place with retirees. 8. Just all in all safe please (with the least crime). I know its a lot 2 request but any and all advise you can give is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.s. hubbys a manger @ mcdonalds and I'm a cna with a year of experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:32 AM

32 posts, read 44,662 times
our needs are very similar and the time frame is pretty much the same too! the only difference is work needs.

just out of curiosity-why are you relocating to TX?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
I think I might have missed it somewhere in the post, but where in Texas?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
In her last post, she mentioned the Dallas area. I have lots of family in Dallas, but don't really know many of the details about housing or apartments, so I wouldn't have much to offer in that department

Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 AM

31 posts, read 50,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BannerStateBound View Post
our needs are very similar and the time frame is pretty much the same too! the only difference is work needs.

just out of curiosity-why are you relocating to TX?
We currently stay in detroit, mi and this isn't a place I want to raise kids so I'm trying to move asap. To better my family, mainly my daughter.

And I don't know wha city yet. Just somewhere in texas where its family orriented. You know out door activities, pools, fishing, good food..lol. Please help.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,215,075 times
You really need to set some better goals and do some research on-line about where you are going. Houston for example is 3X the size (area wise) of Detroit not counting the suburbs. Dallas is 2x the size not counting the suburbs or Fort Worth. Both cities have a population that are larger than Detroit. I fail to see how you could achieve any major change (other than climate) by moving to one of those cities. The cost of living in Texas is also a lot higher than I believe you are expecting based on what you want to pay for an apartment (let's not go in to auto insurance etc.). You express that you would like to attend school. That won't happen until you have been in Texas long enough to establish residence and get resident tuition rates. I honestly wish you the best of luck but don't look at Texas w/ rosey colored glasses because all the rumors that Texas is cheap and doing good. It's doing ok, but it is not great by any means right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: