Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Oh ok..So disco-green's developers didnt study other older successful parks before designing it?...Thats right they just designed everything off the top of their heads...wow.
Now wait a minute, I never said that!

You guys were the ones making it seem like Dallas didn't take any notes from Discovery Green.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:47 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Point is hunny booboo you can't knock off a Texas park and then claim yours to be the most unique in Texas.
You basically copied Disco Green, then all of a sudden it's unique?
It is. No, park in Texas is over a freeway. That alone makes it unique.

Y'all are really a bunch of haters. I have never heard no one call it other than unique.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:16 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Dallas' new park deck is another prime example of the city being pretentious ie: pretending to be something its not just like the bridge to no where.

You gotta hand it to Dallas though they know how to build fake things & do it BIG.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:17 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Its ground breaking for Texas! ...hell its actually ground breaking for the entire south...who else has it??...nobody......y'all should just quit. Give props where due and quit tryna make everything in Dallas sub-par.,and as for disco- green having a parking lot under it...now that's whats not unique...We have more than one park with parking under it in dtd. See you cant just replace a parking lot with a park without accomidating the cars that USED to park there every day. So they just kill two birds with one stone....build the park and just move the parking underground...now everyones happy.
so no response to Margaret T Hance park in Phoenix?

Papago Freeway Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Margaret T Hance park is over 2 decades old, and IMO is a much nicer/more realistic park than the plastic and concrete of Klyde Warren.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
so no response to Margaret T Hance park in Phoenix?

Papago Freeway Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Margaret T Hance park is over 2 decades old, and IMO is a much nicer/more realistic park than the plastic and concrete of Klyde Warren.
Have you been to klyde warren park?

Old 06-16-2013, 01:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Dont be jealous Houston, it really doesnt look good on you.....

Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas' new park deck is another prime example of the city being pretentious ie: pretending to be something its not just like the bridge to no where.

You gotta hand it to Dallas though they know how to build fake things & do it BIG.
Bro, are you serious? Klyde Warren Park has thousands of people there on the weekends. The Park is so successful that it is featured in many online newspapers, architecture websites and on the Travel Channel. So, the only people that seems to be hating is non-Dallasities.

Name a city that hasn't built fake things? Central Park is extremely fake. Everything in Central Park was man-made but people don't give a crap because it looks natural. Give the Klyde Warren Park 5 years and people wouldn't even notice that it was mad-made.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Dont be jealous Houston, it really doesnt look good on you.....

I'm saying. They are hating so much that it hurts.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:23 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
I'm not hating.

While some of the comments by some Houstonians may be uncalled for, it's really retaliation and light hearted humor that shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Let's just be real for a minute though. Dallasites seem like they like to taunt Houstonians and throw things in everyone's face. examples:
"This is the most unique and groundbreaking thing in all of Texas and the entire south!"
"Your park's underground parking is nothing special, ours is more this."
"There's no other place like it in Texas. "
"Dallas is the Texas star,"

and many other cocky comments that i've read. I'm not saying one is right or wrong, matter fact, I have to shamefully admit, I enjoy it all. Keeps the forum fun, but its no need to cry so much. Each side reacts and retaliates differently. Dallasites are no perfect angels either. That's typical, so i guess while Houston's hating, Dallas is whining and crying!

Old 06-16-2013, 02:27 PM

420 posts, read 705,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

I can't believe Dallas would invest in its own city. How fake is that?! And the nerve of these city officials spending money to build bridges and improve the "nowhere" neighborhoods south of the Trinity. Don't they know that's where the scary brown people live????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas