Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 12:25 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times

Advertisements

Great pics. Come on Houston..

Old 07-29-2013, 02:11 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Great pics. Come on Houston..
Driving around downtown.. I won't be back to a computer until tonight.

Speaking of downtown.. I'm surprised at all the pedestrian activity that was going on at 2pm on a Monday when it's in the upper 90s. Groups of people crossing at every street corner..

Last edited by TexasTallest; 07-29-2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM

581 posts, read 924,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
No, suburban style campuses are becoming out of style, like what Exxon built.. Exxon is just going against the trend. Companies nowadays seem to be coming back to the core areas. Yuppies don't want to live in The Woodlands or some other far flung suburb. Many companies are now leaving their suburban campuses. And Uptown Dallas is so tiny, it won't be long before Midtown, Upper Kirby, etc. match it. If I could build a state of the art suburban style hq, I wouldn't. Give me the 800+ footer that Chevron, or the new tower Apache is building over some secluded campus.
Didn't Phillips 66 just announce a huge office campus out in the energy corridor? Didn't Chevron even refer to its downtown office buildings as a campus? I think they are afraid of being classified as stupid.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Its more vibrant than houstons tho...Look houston is the bigger city with more buildings and Taller ones at that...But Im sorry DTDallas is more vibrant..And I know your not gonna admit to it but it just is....
I have been to downtown Houston. The people there do indeed vibrate.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Driving around downtown.. I won't be back to a computer until tonight.

Speaking of downtown.. I'm surprised at all the pedestrian activity that was going on at 2pm on a Monday when it's in the upper 90s. Groups of people crossing at every street corner..
Don't be surprised yet. Be surprised when it's 8pm and there's activity.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Don't be surprised yet. Be surprised when it's 8pm and there's activity.
There have been plenty of posts recently about the activity around downtown, especially market square, after 9pm.. Kids running around playing in the park and bars/restaurants hoppin.. I just figured most of the assumed to be office workers that were out today would of been using the tunnel system.
What's with all your weak shots at Houston today Binkyman? Just another pretentious Dallasite?

Last edited by TexasTallest; 07-29-2013 at 02:49 PM..

Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,563 times
I'm not sure how I feel about Houston skyline. It just seems bland and stretches on for far too long. But I will say that overall it is better than Dallas. I do like the variety of buildings in Dallas' skyline, but Houston wins for strength and size.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
There have been plenty of posts recently about the activity around downtown, especially market square, after 9pm.. Kids running around playing in the park and bars/restaurants hoppin.. I just figured most of the assumed to be office workers that were out today would of been using the tunnel system. What's with all your weak shots at Houston today? Just another pretentious Dallasite?
I've been downtown plenty on photo ops and hardly ran into pedestrians unless and event was going on. What weak shots?
I'm from Baton Rouge and as far as this forum goes, I'm a Houstonian. Ask anyone.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I've been downtown plenty on photo ops and hardly ran into pedestrians unless and event was going on. What weak shots?
I'm from Baton Rouge and as far as this forum goes, I'm a Houstonian. Ask anyone.
Lol sorry, I'm on my phone and thought it was binkyman still posting. I wasn't referring to you about the weak shots.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
thats your response to not having any skyscrapers proposed? that you have "full developments" consisting of 3 mid rise buildings?

heres a few buildings Houston currently has under construction, and some that are proposed. all of these are located in downtown with the exception of 2929 Wesleyan and The Sovereign.

40 story 2929 Wesleyan residential tower - u/c

24 story Skyhouse residential tower - u/c

The Sovereign 21 story residential - u/c

41 story tower at 609 Main

33 story Capital Tower

50 story 5 allen center

38 story residential

Marriott Marquis @ Discovery Green

a new Chevron signature tower planned to be 50-60 stories

50 story International Tower

as for "full on developments", Houstons got plenty of that too... the biggest one planned is the Hardy Rail Yard redevelopment project..

Regarding perception, it doesn't matter how tall the skyscrapers are. Downtown looks twice as big as downtown Houston. it isn't really twice as big though. It is twice as wide however. And there are over seven thousand hotel rooms in downtown Dallas. Even more hotels in Uptown and out along the Stemmons Corridor. Just the hotels alone would create a sizable downtown.

It really is surprising that a massive high rise development would be built like that north of downtown Houston in the middle of a large ghetto. But then I saw all those massive walls built up along the sides of it to protect the inner inhabitants. Could you print the name of that development again but this time in Spanish?

Gracias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas