Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 02:12 PM

146 posts, read 352,710 times

Advertisements

Houston Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Buildings | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_0064 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_0067 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_0080 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_0075 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 11-08-2013, 03:27 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
That first and last picture are nice. One thing that Houston seems to have a lot of is an abundance of great panoramic pictures from far away showing the full skyline. Dallas doesn't have as many people doing it.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:34 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Here is the rendering they released today for 2505 Turtle Creek Blvd, construction is set to commence in 2014:

Great Gulf makes foray in U.S. with luxe Turtle Creek tower - Dallas Business Journal
Beautiful. Hopefully they stay true to the rendering.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:29 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
a new mixed use Gables tower for uptown Houston thats supposed to start construction early next year. 446 units. by this time next year 6 towers should be under construction in that area.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:31 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,783,252 times

Justin Terveen

Justin Terveen

LOVE

Justin Terveen

Justin Terveen

Worc Deer

Old 11-10-2013, 06:09 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,770,290 times
Urbanizer, did you copyright these photos? I would love to have that top photo on my facebook page.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 PM

New design for 800 Bell Revealed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegler Cooper
Ziegler Cooper won an invitation-only competition for the extensive renovation of the Humble Oil Headquarters building. The 44 level structure, completed in 1962 and located in the southernmost portion of Houston’s Skyline District at Milam and Bell Streets, was once the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. When the original tenant – now ExxonMobil – vacates in the second quarter of 2015, a complete transformation of the building will begin, bringing it up to compete with other Class A+ properties in downtown Houston.

Ziegler Cooper’s winning design will include deepening the current lease depths to 42 feet to add over 100,000 square feet of new rent-able area, bringing the building gross square footage to 1.4 million square feet. In addition, the owner plans to redevelop the grand plaza along Bell Street, tie in the downtown tunnel system, renovate the lobby, re-clad the building in high-performance glazing to meet LEED Gold standards and create an illuminated, iconic crown that will mark 800 Bell as a striking new addition the Houston skyline.

800 Bell | Ziegler Cooper Architects

Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM

im going to miss those fins but at least were getting a fantastic renovation. southern downtown is going through a rapid transformation with everything going on/planned, from new residential like SkyHouse and Alliance apartments, to One Allen Center, 800 Bell, and Mickey Leland Federal Building renovations, to the new Chevron tower.. not to mention the Savoy/Flagship Holiday Inn renovation, and the renovation of the Days Inn tower (or destruction to be replaced by a park, whichever they decide).. southern downtown will be quite different looking in just a few years.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
im going to miss those fins but at least were getting a fantastic renovation. southern downtown is going through a rapid transformation with everything going on/planned, from new residential like SkyHouse and Alliance apartments, to One Allen Center, 800 Bell, and Mickey Leland Federal Building renovations, to the new Chevron tower.. not to mention the Savoy/Flagship Holiday Inn renovation, and the renovation of the Days Inn tower (or destruction to be replaced by a park, whichever they decide).. southern downtown will be quite different looking in just a few years.

This is now my favorite project planned for downtown. The more I look at it, the more I love it haha. The tunnels access being on the outside really promotes better pedestrian activity, I can see nearby residents using this tunnel entry often. I think the fins are okay, the building in its current state reminds me of condo buildings you'll typically see in Miami where the balconies extend far out. I guess the fins being a first during the time it was built, is why a few people don't want to see the building changed drastically.

There's also the land that Chevron has earmarked for the possibility of another tower. Skanska also has a block along Main that they plan to develop in the future.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannnizer View Post
This is now my favorite project planned for downtown. The more I look at it, the more I love it haha. The tunnels access being on the outside really promotes better pedestrian activity, I can see nearby residents using this tunnel entry often. I think the fins are okay, the building in its current state reminds me of condo buildings you'll typically see in Miami where the balconies extend far out. I guess the fins being a first during the time it was built, is why a few people don't want to see the building changed drastically.

There's also the land that Chevron has earmarked for the possibility of another tower. Skanska also has a block along Main that they plan to develop in the future.
another one for Skanska eh? hopefully this one is taller than the 20-30 story towers they have been developing around town lately, but i have my doubts with all the square footage soon to be available downtown. cant wait for Chevrons corporate relocation in the future and a new signature supertall! heh...

totally agree the fins look like a Miami condo tower, which was why i advocated turning it into residential and saving the original design. i really like the way these renovation plans are turning out though. they pretty much nailed it. and yes.. an outdoor plaza with connection to the tunnel system like ive been talking about for months on HAIF!! now hopefully they will build a new office or residential tower on one of the vacant plots right by the tower so that more people use the plaza area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas