Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 09:22 AM

20 posts, read 86,854 times

Advertisements

I am interested in knowing if there is a deaf ministry in the town of Abilene. Please help, we as a deaf couple would like to teach God's word to the deaf people. Any response is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,055 times
I know its been awhile since u posted ur post, but i just saw it to reply! Yes there is about to be a deaf ministry in Abilene Texas!!! we are about to start one as soon as possible for any deaf, in all do respect, that would like to come! We would love to have u. We are a Pentecostal church, and we know how to have church. God has been moving really deep in our services and if you want to experience it then come on over. I have a burden for the deaf, and want to meet as many deaf people as I can in Abilene, so if you knowany ways to meet many deaf people here in abilene or know someone that is deaf, please let me know how to get ahold of them. I would like to get to know deaf people here because i am trying to learn sign langauge, and i have a deaf friend, but he is in Kansas. And i have two that go to my church that are partially deaf, so they know sign language, and can help interpret. There is no telling what God can do and will do. our church is Apostolic Lighthouse and the address is address is 2334 n. Willis street, Abilene Texas, 79605, behind Bingo motors across from Ambler Bingo Hall. We would love to have you! Our services start at 10 am and 6 pm on Sundays and 7:30 Thursdays. And we have Sunday School for your children on Sunday Mornings while the parents are having church out front. and we have youth meetings on Fridays fr people from 13-20 years old. Come see what God can do for you!

Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Numerous churchs in the area offer Deaf ministry near Abilene, TX - Google Maps

Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,960 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadassah59 View Post
I am interested in knowing if there is a deaf ministry in the town of Abilene. Please help, we as a deaf couple would like to teach God's word to the deaf people. Any response is appreciated.
I am in the deaf ministry trying to reach Abilene deaf. I go to apostolic light house on ambler. We believe in acts 2:38 and I would be exited to meet you or anyone interested in bible study or church. I'm not certified interpreter but have interpreted before. I am fluent in sign, am almost deaf myself. It's a lonely world without friends feel free to contact me any time [email]mcmatt75@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,696 times
Am looking for deaf or hearing group to join so I can become more efficient in ASL.. anyone know of any groups of hearing or deaf groups in Abilene?

Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,297 times
I used to live in Abilene and knew some of the Deaf Community. However I have lost contact with them. Can anyone tell me where they meet

Old 03-20-2015, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,906 times
Greetings!
Is there a Deaf Coffee Chat in Abilene?
Any Deaf event or activity going on in Abilene?
I know someone is moving to Abilene -- need new Deaf friends.
He is so excited about the changes -- would love to connect the dots to the Deaf community.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
West Texas Rehab: Physical Therapy, Audiology & Hospice - Abilene, Texas - San Angelo, Texas

Try getting in touch with West Texas Rehab. It's a very active and well known foundation
Quote:
West Texas Rehabilitation Center is a private, non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to providing outpatient care to more than 500 patients per day. WTRC opened in 1953, is a nationally respected outpatient physical rehabilitation facility.

Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of those we serve regardless of financial circumstance.

Our Vision is to be the premier provider of outpatient rehabilitation services in the West Texas area and continue to serve as a regional referral center through provision of our comprehensive outpatient services including

Old 03-21-2015, 10:50 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,792,860 times
South 11th & Willis Church of Christ • Abilene, Texas

http://willischurchfamily.org/ministry.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas