Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,954 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm just really confused right now and I looked up various old threads on this site some of which gave me the answers I was seeking but still left some unanswered.
I'm go to a community college and I am planning to transfer.
Having major family issues and can studying becomes a chore.
I work part time right now however I can/will be going full time to earn about 1200 a month.

Uta is has a better engineering school and is ranked. I talked to a fellow at Unt and he said that they have just built a new engineering building saying that it is expanding and that the school is fairly new. My major is mechanical engineer for those who are curious.

My question is should I deal with the issues and stay at home and go to Uta or go to Unt, take a student loan to pay for college, and work full time to manage living expenses not to mention the girlfriend.

Some of my friends tell me to stay and go so I had no choice but to turn here...not that it is a bad thing, mind you.

Any insight would be greatly helpful and if you need me to clarify something please ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:03 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,816,702 times
Only you can determine if you can stay living at home. We don't know your living situation.

I went to UTA and hated it. My brother went to UNT and loved it. The schools are different for different people. UTA is a highly ranked engineering school.

The other thing you need to look at is what you want from a school. UTA has no football team and no school spirit. UNT has a football team and has school spirit. The lack of school spirit, I think, is because UTA is mostly a commuter school where students at UNT more live on and around campus.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 AM

659 posts, read 1,377,078 times
UNT is a real university while UTA is a commuter school with no prestige. Choose UNT-you'll be glad you did.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
I went to UNT so I admit to bias, but I recommend it. However, it isn't known for engineering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas