Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 PM

108 posts, read 393,170 times

Advertisements

I am a single man in his 30's with no kids.

Would San Angelo be a good place for a single man to live ?

I am not really much into the nightlife anymore but I would like to be in a city where there still is atleast a little bit of a nightlife.

I am also looking for a city where religion does play some part in the community but where relgion is not too strong (ie Abilene, Texas).

Is there alot of crime in San Angelo ?

What about Gangs ? Are there Gangs roaming the streets out in San Angelo , Texas.

I am looking for a place to live with around 100,000 people and San Angelo looks to have around 93,000 people.

I have heard that it is hard to find a decent paying job in San Angelo but that the housing is real cheap.

One thing that is important to me is to be in a city where you can pretty much get around on foot or by mountain bike. I am looking for a city that is not real spread out. Houston, Texas and San Antonio, Texas are just to spread out for me. I would in a city that is compact where you could pretty much walk everywhere even if it might take you an hour to walk to the other side of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 02:39 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
I am also looking for a city where religion does play some part in the community but where relgion is not too strong (ie Abilene, Texas).
I live in Abilene now and lived in San Angelo for a couple of years back in the 90's. There's really not much difference between Abilene and San Angelo in terms of religion. I'm sure that Abilene probably has more churches per capita than San Angelo, however, San Angelo still has a lot of churches and like Abilene, is mostly a conservative city overall. When I was in San Angelo back in the mid 90's there were a few nice clubs for single folks to hang out in. I'm not sure what the nightlife is like there these days, maybe someone who lives there now can give you more information. Cost of living there should be relatively cheap. Like Abilene, getting around town primarily on foot and/or mountain bike could be a challenge there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas