Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:54 AM

809 posts, read 1,861,908 times

Advertisements

Horns - 14
Tide - 13

Big defensive battle coming up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them,
At night, or early in the morn'.
Till Gabriel blows his horn!

Longhorn Band / University of Texas at Austin

Old 01-06-2010, 07:16 PM

11 posts, read 16,972 times
Yea, Alabama!"
Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you;
Hit your stride!
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame!
For 'Bama's pluck and grit
Have writ her name in crimson flame!
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!
Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!
Go, roll to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Well, I've waited until today to determine what I think about this game. It's a toss up but I'll give Texas the edge, based on expectations of the Longhorns in any football game over the last 50 years. I was in the Cotton Bowl, 1973, Alabama shoulda won. You just never know what Texas is going to do. Are they going to play to win or will they play to not lose? I'll just call it the spook factor. In the end, Texas always seems to pull something out of a cool breeze.

As far as Texas being a bigger school, a bigger state... remember, Texas supplies football stars to multiple major universities. Not only in Texas but Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and one now very well known quarterback, to Alabama itself. Can Texas ever really lose? Well, the state anyway.

So, my prediction....

Texas

^\m/^

Old 01-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Oh yeah, ESPN at sportscenter.com has a poll to vote who's gonna win. 49 states have Alabama picked to win, by at least 2 to 1. Only responses from Texas have Texas picked.

Sort of relates to my opinion of ESPN's take on UT in general.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Very good post and analysis! Naturally, I am hoping the odds you offer trun out to the be the final 20%...but you did a great job in articulating your opinion on the potential outcomes, and why! Rep point to you!
Don't think his analysis was good at all. People are picking Bama over Texas like they are doing because of the last games. Alabama soundly beat Florida while Texas struggled against Nebraska. But recent history shows that doing that is very dangerous. In 2004, OU soundly beat Colorado in the Big 12 championship and USC barely beat UCLA. If you go by those past games, OU would most likely beat USC and do it easily. Many people picked OU because nobody believed in the Pac 10 and it's defense. OU even scored the first touchdown in the game and then proceded to be outscored 55-12 the rest of the game.

Bama could beat Texas 34-14 but if that happens, it will be a shock. Texas isn't some scrub team with scrub athletes.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Don't think his analysis was good at all. People are picking Bama over Texas like they are doing because of the last games. Alabama soundly beat Florida while Texas struggled against Nebraska. But recent history shows that doing that is very dangerous. In 2004, OU soundly beat Colorado in the Big 12 championship and USC barely beat UCLA. If you go by those past games, OU would most likely beat USC and do it easily. Many people picked OU because nobody believed in the Pac 10 and it's defense. OU even scored the first touchdown in the game and then proceded to be outscored 55-12 the rest of the game.

Bama could beat Texas 34-14 but if that happens, it will be a shock. Texas isn't some scrub team with scrub athletes.
I agree with you fully on that part! What I meant to say was (but was probably not clear on) is that I thought the way his opinion was expressed and backed up was done well. NOT that I necessarily agreed with it nor the chances.

In fact, I am going with Texas 24-21.

Anyway, gotta get back to work. Very busy week and almost no time for the 'puter! Later, y'all! LOL

Hook 'em Horns! \../

Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Hook'em.....if OU can't be there I would rather it be the horns than just about anyone else..................

Old 01-07-2010, 07:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Colt's gone, game over. Tide will be the champs.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Yeah, that's too bad. On a brighter side, this will be a good start on next year.

\m/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: