Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDC101 View Post
Hello All,
I am from MN and am looking to move somewhere to start a business. I was wondering if someone can fill me in on the weather throughout TX. I realize this is a vary big topic as TX is so big, however just in general. Is there a certain part of TX that doesn't get as hot, is relatively nice, has some sort of green plant life, and isn't scalding hot year round? Heat is fine, it is the humidity that kills me. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.
MNDC101, this is a post I did earlier today, ironically, and has the information you are looking for, if you are considering an area around Corpus Christi. Anyways, I hope this helps:

I live in S. Texas, next to Corpus Christi. Granted, we don't experience near the seasonal changes as you would further north, but there are differences. Basically, it goes from very warm over the spring/summer/fall months to mild over the winter. Here is a synopsis of our weather over the year:

Summer: Humid and warm/hot, with afternoon temps in the low 90's, lows in the 75-82 degree range. Some seabreeze tstorms that popup in the afternoons, and a pretty good breeze that mitigates the heat quite well.

Fall: September-October tend to be just like summer, with highs from 85-95 degrees, lows from 65-80 degrees. There will be a cold front or two that moves through in late October, pushing daytime highs into the 70's, with lows in the 50's for a day or two. November is absolutely beautiful weatherwise, with highs in the 70's and 80's, lows in the 55-65 degree range. Cold fronts that make it this far south in November may give us a day or two in the 60's, and we will see our first lows in the 40's during these times. Fall is also our wettest time of year, and early fall will also see our highest chances of seeing tropical disturbances (although not too much of a threat on this part of the Texas coast usually).

Winter: Mild weather is the rule with early December seeing a continuation from November (70's and 80's daytime, 50's to near 70 at night), with mid to late December seeing the first freeze (although some years don't see a freeze at all). Late December to the beginning of February is our "winter" with highs in the 60's, 70's, and lower 80's (although there a couple of days where the temps only make it to the 40's and 50's, while there have been days in the 90's (!) too). Overnight lows are typically in the upper 40's, 50's, and 60's (although we do have 3-4 nights a year where freezes can occur). On rare occasions, record lows in the teens and 20's have been seen. Snow almost never falls here... maybe once about every 15 years?? And then, its just usually a trace (exception: Christmas 2004 saw 3-7" of snow fall!!!). Our last freeze occurs around the end of January. February temps start to warm up, and by the end of the month, most days are in the 70's to 80's, with lows in the 50s to lower 60s.

Spring: Warm, humid. Temps early in spring are generally from 75-85, rising to the 80's to lower 90's in April and May. Lows are from 55-65 early in spring (early to mid March), rising into the 60's to lower 70's in April, and from 70-80 in May.

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:16 AM

76 posts, read 290,881 times
[quote=Canine*Castle;12093379]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

I will never get used to the humidity in central Texas ... not even after 31 years. I absolutely dread every too long summer. It's just sinful.
It beats having a long winter.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:44 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,564 times
[quote=Bulldog77;12103491]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post

It beats having a long winter.
I haven't a clue about that, but I can understand that it might...just might. Besides Alaska, are the Winters elsewhere in this country as long lasting with very cold temperatures for nearly 6 months of the years? I'm looking for a happy medium and right now, it's still looking like the Blue Ridge Mountains in southwest Virginia fits the bill fairly well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas