Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times

Advertisements

The rivalries are very different. Dallas/Houston is two really large cities playing on an equal footing. The funny thing about the Dallas/Fort Worth rivalry is that it can be visceral on the Ft. Worth side and Dallas doesn't even know it exists. People in Dallas usually say good things about Ft. Worth. "Nice place" "great museums" "I like their Sundance Square". But Ft Worth.... oh, especially my mothers generation. She's late 70's, lived there all her life. When I'm introduced to her friends they usually ask where I live. When I reply "Dallas" they actually say "Oh. We're so sorry" in a snarky, bitter tone. Some of the men throw that out and turn their backs on me. Crazy. And of course I have the classic Dallas response: none. Which sometimes makes them seethe. Dallas did screw FW over on their first attempt at a regional airport. Dallas gets all the press and the big corporations cause, well, we're bigger. But I think their is one other thing at work. Ft Worth is very OLD MONEY and Dallas is flashy and brash and, well.. new money. Old Money never cares for new money.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:05 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrennash View Post
When I'm introduced to her friends they usually ask where I live. When I reply "Dallas" they actually say "Oh. We're so sorry" in a snarky, bitter tone.
Lol, that's happened to me multiple times from Dallasites when I tell them I'm from Houston. Wtf..? I don't understand people like that..

Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,446,768 times
Thats hard to believe.....Houstonians are the ones who hate Dallas....

Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrennash View Post
The funny thing about the Dallas/Fort Worth rivalry is that it can be visceral on the Ft. Worth side and Dallas doesn't even know it exists. People in Dallas usually say good things about Ft. Worth. "Nice place" "great museums" "I like their Sundance Square".
This tread alone shows that to be a false statement...

Old 01-12-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Thats hard to believe.....Houstonians are the ones who hate Dallas....
pretty much all of the handful of times thats happened to me were pretentious rich kids at Baylor. so no, not that hard to believe.

btw, why do Houstonians hate Dallas? i could of sworn it was the other way around and Dallas hated Houston..

Old 01-13-2014, 12:10 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
I see what you're talking about. In a way, I kinda imagined it like Dallas and Houston creating
a "metroplex" of their own. lol.
But being so far away, that is most likely impossible for another couple hundred years.

Anyway... as for the "logistics", I have always seen Houston as having their economic growth due to
their shipping, and Dallas depends on Electronics, Communications, and Warehousing hubs;
but the MAIN reason that Dallas has grown (and will continue to grow) is because of the Metroplex; it's spiderweb freeway system that keeps Ever-growing, and last but not least...
The DFW Airport, being the gateway hub from Intercontinental flights that cross from across the Atlantic,
and have to stop at Dallas, as they make their way to Los Angeles.

(that is also why Atlanta has grown; their Airport is a hub; And Chicago is the hub for flights from NewYork to SanFrancisco)

Houston is not a Hub for anyone but themselves, and DALLAS.

Thus, Dallas is profiting from the Metroplex, the Airport AND from Houston.

Logistics.
Houston is not a hub for anyone? It's the number one airport for international traffic in Texas. LOL at this post.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Houston is not a hub for anyone? It's the number one airport for international traffic in Texas. LOL at this post.
Haha.. I guess they don't realize Houston is a hub for central, South American, and Caribbean flights..

Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 AM

692 posts, read 854,817 times
A lot of the thread seems to forget that significant chunks of Dallas *county* have more disdain for *Dallas the city* than either Fort Worth *or* Houston. Dallas-the-county can outdisdain Dallas-the-city WAY better than those dudes down south in the bad traffic can.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas