Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 04:18 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,122 times

Advertisements

quote=Spade;13084041]Yeah but that's one little line compared to an entire verse that is in the Aggie fight song.[/quote]

The question was what other school mentions its rival in its fight song (implying that A&M is the only school that does so). I was merely pointing out that t.u. also mentions one of its rivals in its fight song, i.e. A&M. Does it really matter if it is one line or one verse?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,061,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Greatest mysteries in all of sports. Texan fans hates the Cowboys but most Cowboy fans (outside of Houston) roots for the Texans to succeed. Texan fans need to understand that there is no Cowboys-Texans rivalry.
I'm a Texan fan but you are quite right...goes all the way back to Oiler days when Oilers were AFL and Cowboys were NFL.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:26 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,061,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
The question was what other school mentions its rival in its fight song (implying that A&M is the only school that does so). I was merely pointing out that t.u. also mentions one of its rivals in its fight song, i.e. A&M. Does it really matter if it is one line or one verse?
Good point - I had never listened to the words of Texas Fight, so I really had missed that one!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
quote=Spade;13084041]Yeah but that's one little line compared to an entire verse that is in the Aggie fight song.
The question was what other school mentions its rival in its fight song (implying that A&M is the only school that does so). I was merely pointing out that t.u. also mentions one of its rivals in its fight song, i.e. A&M. Does it really matter if it is one line or one verse?[/quote]

My bad. I missed that point where he asked that if A&M was the only school that mentioned it's rival. For that reason it does not matter of it was a verse r line.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:59 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
The bigger rivalry is Houston vs. Dallas.... today.

But historically, it is and always has been Dallas and Fort Worth.

I mean, c'mon.... we are right next to eachother. We have to see eachother everyday (sort of) and we have to listen to what city has what and what city DOESN'T have what.

The Houston and Dallas rivalry spawns more from music and sports teams, while OUR rivalry spawns from the fact that we're only 30 miles apart and we compete for residents and relevance. Well, Fort Worth has to compete fore relevance, anyway. Seriously, we could be bigger than Dallas in 30 years from now and STILL have people say to Fort Worthians, "oh you're from Dallas". Houston doesn't have to worry about that. We do.

So as far as the bigger rivalry today, it's Houston and Dallas. But in terms of overall, long time intensity in a love-hate relationship with eachother, it's Dallas and Fort Worth.

Just think of it this way....

Fort Worth v. Dallas = Mario and Luigi (Luigi usually has to take a backseat to his more well known big brother and gets little to no appreciation, but still has helps out because sometimes Mario can't save the princess on his own....)

Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM

44 posts, read 126,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaraylee182004 View Post
Which is a bigger rivalry Houston vs Dallas OR Fort Worth vs Dallas

- In all aspects pertaining to the cities

What is your choice and why?

Fort Worth vs. Dallas for sure. Fort Worth is itching to beat Dallas and it is crazy. Houston doesn't care about beating Dallas. They are already larger in city size and are alll the way across the state from Dallas.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:42 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaraylee182004 View Post
Which is a bigger rivalry Houston vs Dallas OR Fort Worth vs Dallas

- In all aspects pertaining to the cities

What is your choice and why?
Houston and Dallas.

Ever wondered why it's always about the Metroplex VS Houston Metropolitan area. That shows DFW works together against a bigger rival. So Fort Worth might be Dallas rival, but when there's a bigger enemy the two put their differences aside and work together.

Hope that answers your question.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Houston and Dallas.

Ever wondered why it's always about the Metroplex VS Houston Metropolitan area. That shows DFW works together against a bigger rival. So Fort Worth might be Dallas rival, but when there's a bigger enemy the two put their differences aside and work together.

Hope that answers your question.
Dallas would be a big city even without Fort Worth. No, it won't beat Houston, but Dallas is a big city on its own too.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:48 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajoh81 View Post
Dallas would be a big city even without Fort Worth. No, it won't beat Houston, but Dallas is a big city on its own too.
Definitely, Dallas would be a big metro without Fort Worth and Forth Worth's suburbs. But it just wouldn't be the same DFW if Fort Worth didn't exist.

List of Texas metropolitan areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dallas losing nearly 2 million people if Fort Worth and it's areas didn't exist would be a tragedy to the Metroplex.

It's a good thing they work together, they're a team. Like how Shaq & Kobe used to be.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Definitely, Dallas would be a big metro without Fort Worth and Forth Worth's suburbs. But it just wouldn't be the same DFW if Fort Worth didn't exist.

List of Texas metropolitan areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dallas losing nearly 2 million people if Fort Worth and it's areas didn't exist would be a tragedy to the Metroplex.

It's a good thing they work together, they're a team. Like how Shaq & Kobe used to be.

Yes but they actually worked together. Fort Worth is OCD about defeating Dallas and will stop at nothing to do it. Remember Amon Carter?? I don't see how losing Fort Worth would be a tragedy to the metroplex, Keep Arlington and everything else, just lose Fort Worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas