Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 03:40 PM

4 posts, read 17,303 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Longview in April and are now looking at purchasing a home. From what I understand, all the school districts are pretty decent. We are moving down from Boston and have a first grader and a little one on the way.
What is the best school district in longview honestly? Our main criteria are: family-friendly neighborhood and good schools. We hope to spend around $400,000 on a home but can spend more if we need to in order to get what we want.

Any suggestions on neighborhoods to look for would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 01:51 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,766,241 times
Good grief, I don't know if there any houses in Longview that cost $400,000.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
With that budget, you can live in a very nice place with several acres. There are actually several nice neighborhoods that would probably suit you, all on the north side of town. There are also a few nice gated communities just inside town off of Hollybrook. Look over off of FM 2879 for a new neighborhood there and some of the homes off of FM 449, Bar K Ranch and Sam Page (most w/ a little acreage). I'm in and out of Longview all the time as I have family there and am not the best source of knowledge except for the homes and areas that I have seen and admired, so I am sure there are more neighborhoods that might suit . If you need a good realtor for that area, PM me and I can give you a name and number.

BTW, get ready for some culture shock. Big difference from Boston to Longview, but the area really is lovely with piney woods and hills.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Sure there are. Several worth millions but they also tend to have acreage. I've been drooling over one out toward Ore City for a while. Don't think my retirement will buy that when the time comes though.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM

216 posts, read 934,526 times
All school districts are good in the immediate Longview area. Each have different strengths and weaknesses. With younger children, I would suggest Hallsville or Spring Hill ISDs as the first two options. These two districts are growing and appear to be planning well for the future.

There are several nice neighborhoods and rural options within your price range in these two areas. $400,000 will get you a very nice home in this area of Texas.

The nice subdivision on FM 2879 is Timber Falls. We have looked at two homes being built by Tom Davis. One is a little over $400K and a bit steep for us, but is a beautiful 4BR home with about an acre. The other is $300K+. Timing is not right for us, but would be a great area for a young family.

Let us know if we can help.

Good luck.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 11,127 times
looking to possibly relocate to Longview or White Oak , Hallsville area from kansas City suburbs- here is the main quastion, do any of these smaller comunities in Gregg county have any Russian or Ukranin population ? My wife is 55 years from Ukraine and I would like to at least have her be able to have someone to meet female and be able to talk in her native language if she choose.
can anyone tell me about this
Thanks

Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 10,516 times
Hi my name is Marina, I live in Longview TX, yes I am from Russia

Old 01-20-2011, 12:42 PM

109 posts, read 204,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post

HA HA HA HA HA!

Longivew will be such a change from Boston. I LOVE Texas, but could never ever live in Longview again. It depends on your persona preferences. Have you ever been there before?

Hallsville and Spring Hill are good schhol, well good for L-View, but H-Vile can be very Country. If you like that, then great.

You would have a beautiful home for 400k, but I don't know if you want acres like someone mentioned. I certainly wouldn't, depends on preference.

If you are very into the Bible Belt type of place then you will be just fine.
I remember that many people there think that Red Lobster and Olive Garden are fancy restaurants. :-)

From what I recall you have two social options, be Baptist or a meth cooker. I joke. I joke. Sort of..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas