Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Hearne is in Western East Texas or Eastern Central Texas depending on who you ask. somewhere between college station and Waco, I believe
Is that in the orange triangle area I have read about?? Thanks for the info

Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Is that in the orange triangle area I have read about?? Thanks for the info

lol...well I think you're thinking of the Texas Triangle and the Golden Triangle...

The Texas Triangle is the Triangle formed by the cities of Houston, DFW, and san Antonio/Austin....

The Golden Triangle has a far worse reputation for race relations and lies in the southeast region of texas of the Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange area.

Hearne actually lies within the Texas Triangle.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
lol...well I think you're thinking of the Texas Triangle and the Golden Triangle...

The Texas Triangle is the Triangle formed by the cities of Houston, DFW, and san Antonio/Austin....

The Golden Triangle has a far worse reputation for race relations and lies in the southeast region of texas of the Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange area.

Hearne actually lies within the Texas Triangle.
LOL thanks for the info...as you can tell I am not a Texan....Do you think race relations continue this way in Texas??

Old 03-15-2010, 01:03 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
LOL thanks for the info...as you can tell I am not a Texan....Do you think race relations continue this way in Texas??

Glad to help...For the most part -- No...I think that in some parts of rural Texas, race relations have proven to be pretty volatile in years past, and there are still residual tensions of course...But if you are in the medium sized - larger cities, I can say that those cities are more so what you make of them. People talk about East Texas a lot because its an easy scapegoat due to its more southern aura. But in reality, anywhere can be bigoted/intolerant, and several areas of Central, and especially south Texas are. I think race relations have already improved drastically in every area of the state over the past couple of decades... except for maybe south Texas (from what Ive heard)...

Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Yes they do. Lots of whites will tell you that those types of issues don't happen often; but blacks will tell you another. American Violet also helps explain why the Black male rate is so high in prison.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Vidor.

Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Vidor.

Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor. Vidor.
I think he means Vidor. Could be wrong though.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM

50 posts, read 243,171 times
Quote:
Vidor.

So what happened to you when you were in Vidor?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centexguy View Post
So what happened to you when you were in Vidor?
Been there twice, got a bad vibe from people there. Lot of looks.

It may not be as bad as it was 50 (ore even 20) years ago, but it still has that mark....

When CNN does an entire segment on your town, somethin's wrong....

YouTube - Southeast Texas Reputation

Old 03-17-2010, 02:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Been there twice, got a bad vibe from people there. Lot of looks.

It may not be as bad as it was 50 (ore even 20) years ago, but it still has that mark....

When CNN does an entire segment on your town, somethin's wrong....

YouTube - Southeast Texas Reputation

"I don't mind being friends them or talking, but as far as mingling or eating with them. That's where I draw the line" WTF??

Anywhere here is the pretty recent even in Paris,Tx:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8pd2MKS75M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas