Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,034 times

Advertisements

Have any of you been to Acuna? How far is it if you walk across the bridge from Del Rio? And where are good safe places to park for a day trip?
Thanks for any info you can give...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Last I was there you could park on the U.S. side, take a short walk across the bridge and you were there. The first place to stop, coming and/or going was the Cadillac Bar (unless that was Nuevo Laredo). But then, 'Cuna was a villa then and Wolf Man Jack ruled the air waves.

Good luck, be cautious.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Park at one of the cab companies' lots just before you get to the bridge. The walk itself is about a mile. Personally, I would let the cab company drive me across for a few bucks. There are always cabs to bring you back, too.

Acuna hasn't had as much of the violence as the bigger towns, but do be cautious. Stay in the tourist areas and don't wander too far off the beaten path.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:38 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Is Ma Crosby's still in business? That would be a good place to get a drink and bite to eat, not too far from the bridge.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
I went there last summer,
I was going to park on the US side, but some lady told me that there's nowhere to park on this side (don't know if that's true).

I decided to just drive across (on a Saturday morning) with my wife and 2 kids.
Right after you get into Mexico, about 1 block ahead on "Miguel Hidalgo" Street, there's going to be a place to park on your left side.
I parked there and walked about 5 blocks down "Miguel Hidalgo".

A guy told me that I didn't have to drive back the same way,
that I could drive up to Amistad Dam (about 10 mile drive) and cross back but he said that I had to get there before ... I think 4:00pm.
I drove down "Miguel Hidalgo" to "5 de Mayo" and then it turns left and becomes "Blvd. Adolfo Lopez Mateos" which goes straight to Amistad Dam.

BTW, there's a bakery on "Miguel Hidalgo" on the right side before "5 de Mayo" that was extremely cheap and really good.
My family (wife and 2 kids) spent $7 there and had so much pastries that we brought some home plus bottles of water and juice.

* * * Map * * *
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas