Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 6,521 times

Advertisements

I am looking for info on Sulphur Springs, Texas. Does anyone have any info on the questions listed below ?

How long does it really take to drive from Sulphur Springs to Dallas ?

What is there to do for fun in SS ?

What is the community like in SS ?

How are the schools ?

How is the weather ?

How is the cost of living ? What the the average for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apt and a 2 bedroom 1 bath apt ?

Would SS be a good place to live for a single man or woman with no children ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,504 times
Default SUlphur Springs info

I was born and raised here in Sulphur Springs, and just to let you know, its a very boring place to live. The drive to Dallas is probably betweeen an hour and a half to two hours, depending on how fast you drive, ie. to speed or not to speed. As far as fun goes, what is your definition of fun? There is a newish movie theater, bowling alley, and skating rink but only middle school kids go to the skating rink, and not many older people go to the bowling alley much either. There are a couple of ok restaurants to go to like Chili's, San Remo's (family-run Italian), Broadway Buffet & China House (chinese), Burton's(a little of everything) and Ta Molly's but there are mostly just fast food places. Shopping is almost non-existent, there is a Wal-Mart, Lowe's and an outlet mall (with about 3 ok stores in it), & Beall's. It's a dry county but you can drink at Chili's, 127 Club(I don't recommend) and the Sundance Club(not much a club either) inside the Best Western. There's also a country club with golf about 2 miles outside of town. The community is ok I guess, everybody seems to know everybody kind of thing. The population is only about 15,000. Just about everybody is really friendly, that's the good thing and the type of people that will help you out with a flat on the side of the road kinda people. According to Sperling's Best Places, Sulphur Spirngs is 27.7% below the average cost of living. Stuff is pretty cheap, 1/1 decent apartment is around $350-$400 and a 2/1 $450-$550 but there dont seem to ever be any good places for rent. As far a good place for a single person with no kids, I dont recommend it. That is unless you want to stay single with no kids. I suggest Tyler or Longview (where I'm moving to) just because it's bigger with more people and more going on and pretty much in the same area. Hope this helps, any questions fdeel free to ask!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:44 PM

26 posts, read 105,480 times
I am looking for info on Sulphur Springs, Texas. Does anyone have any info on the questions listed below ?

How long does it really take to drive from Sulphur Springs to Dallas ? Over an hour - it takes me about 75 minutes to get to DFW Airport

What is there to do for fun in SS ? Family fun or singles fun?

What is the community like in SS ? Great! Vewry friendly! Low crime...I love it!

How are the schools ? Don't know but there is an EXCELLENT homeschool community!

How is the weather ? Check National and Local Weather Forecast, Radar, Map and Report - better than FL, worse than CA.

How is the cost of living ? What the the average for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apt and a 2 bedroom 1 bath apt ?

Would SS be a good place to live for a single man or woman with no children ?Probably not...your best bet would be to commute in from Rockwall or even McKinney. You would be looking at an hour drive though.

HTH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas