Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
what????
My bad!! That was a typo!

You act like Houston has the best of everything!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
My bad!! That was a typo!

You act like Houston has the best of everything!
No i don't. You obviously don't read my posts outside of the smackdown threads. I've commended Dallas many times but when i hear one of yall dogg Houston which is where i live, I'm going to take up for it. But i do not think Houston has the best of everything.

Please do not ever lie on me again.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
No i don't. You obviously don't read my posts outside of the smackdown threads. I've commended Dallas many times but when i hear one of yall dogg Houston which is where i live, I'm going to take up for it. But i do not think Houston has the best of everything.

Please do not ever lie on me again.

I am not lying not on you, this is what I feel when I talk to you.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
I am not lying not on you, this is what I feel when I talk to you.
That's because you only talk to me in the smack down thread or after i come back on one of you Dallasites.

Most times I just be messin around my dude. So serious.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if you havetbeen here in a while....you live in PV right now..You need to come to downtow Dalla and see for yourslf and quit acting like you are here everyday..I think you are basing stuff off of two years ago....whenever you come home come to the Dallas side and catch up!!!.....ou dont know what you are talking about..and besides....you stil havent told us wats so much better over there in DT FT>WORTH that we dont ave more of ovre here.......
First off, I don't live in PV, I just go to school in PV. I LIVE in Fort Worth. And it was just a couple months ago when I went to Downtown DALLAS. It felt like I was about to get shot. Hell, there's a liquor store with barbed wire fencing right next to the Channel 4 studios..... VERY attractive.

And I just told you two things that our downtown area has yours doesn't, so here's the full list...

- Built more for pedestrians and visitors and not just buisnessmen.
- Safer
- Has more room to grow and expand.
- It doesn't make you feel closed in with a bunch of empty and half empty skyscrapers surounding you.
- Has what you need within 8 blocks in all directions: world famous opera hall, shopping, great restaurants, comedy/jazz clubs and bars, a small art museum, movie theatre, residential AND office towers (that are used, BTW), a significant city park (the Water Gardens, which doubles as a cool off spot in the summer), and the best restoration of storefronts from the late 1800's. All of that within a good walking distance, while most of the downtown Dallas require you to spend quite a bit of time on foot....
- And a smaller homeless problem.

Now if you want to keep it up, fine, but don't cry like some other Dallas posters about others not giving your city its props, because you ask for the disrespect with posts like what you have. Sure, Dallas is a great city. It is..... but when you have to constantly tell people to like it, and talk down on others just to make it look better, they walk away.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
JJG

Quote:

Your post made sense but you lost me here at Victory. Are you talking about Mavericks game nights?
I mean, the House of Blues, Hard Rock Cafe, the AAC, the W Hotel, Victory Plaza, and several other developments are there up and comming... but none of them are in DOWNTOWN. It would be great if all that was in walking distance from Reunion Tower, which is in.... DOWNTOWN... but it's not.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
First off, I don't live in PV, I just go to school in PV. I LIVE in Fort Worth. And it was just a couple months ago when I went to Downtown DALLAS. It felt like I was about to get shot. Hell, there's a liquor store with barbed wire fencing right next to the Channel 4 studios..... VERY attractive.

And I just told you two things that our downtown area has yours doesn't, so here's the full list...

- Safer
- It doesn't make you feel closed in with a bunch of empty and half empty skyscrapers surounding you.
- Has what you need within 8 blocks in all directions: world famous opera hall, shopping, great restaurants, comedy/jazz clubs and bars, a small art museum, movie theatre, residential AND office towers (that are used, BTW), a significant city park (the Water Gardens, which doubles as a cool off spot in the summer), and the best restoration of storefronts from the late 1800's. All of that within a good walking distance, while most of the downtown Dallas require you to spend quite a bit of time on foot....

Now if you want to keep it up, fine, but don't cry like some other Dallas posters about others not giving your city its props, because you ask for the disrespect with posts like what you have. Sure, Dallas is a great city. It is..... but when you have to constantly tell people to like it, and talk down on others just to make it look better, they walk away.

C'mon man cant we just gang up on Houston....

Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Sorry, but some Dallasites want to look down on their neighbors. Why help them win their arguments when they won't even respect us?

And don't take this too seriously, but that really is a pet peeve of mine....

Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

- Safer

Is unos still open in dt ft worth? My fiance and i ate there one time. They have awesome ribs.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
What did Houston ever do to you? You may be in the DFW area but this really has always been between Dallas and Houston. Always has been and always will be.

Fort Worth just gets thrown in as a crutch city when Dallas needs a helping hand to boost its amentities. Sorry to say but its true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas