Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:02 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,556,888 times

Advertisements

This was just one of those winters because we usually don't get this much in any other winter. It's been quite a scene this season. Makes me wonder what kind of spring we'll be having, but I guess we'll soon find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 01:09 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,171 times
I never realized just how much I hate cold and rainy weather until this year. Usually we'll get little spurts of cold weather, followed by mid 60-70 degree days filled with sunshine. Not so much this year

Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markb54 View Post
We in Fort Worth had 12 inches in 24 hours.
I have pics I can post
Yeah post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Yes, we in Cowtown did have a foot of snow, breaking a record for 24 hours!

But to call Texas the "new snowbelt of America" must make people in the Buffalo, NY area laugh. They get several feet of snow every year. The northern and mountainous ares of the USA get much more than we do!
I think the article was written with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Buffalo gets an insane amount of snow every year from the lake effect.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I think the article was written with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Buffalo gets an insane amount of snow every year from the lake effect.
I hoped it was. Yes, that lake-effect snow is ferocious. I don't see how anyone can stand it.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:27 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Default Regarding The Big Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post

Well, it is this winter, Lucidus. It certainly wasn't last winter.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 AM

148 posts, read 358,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
For a real snowbelt... visit Cleveland, Erie, Northwestern PA/Southwestern NY, and Buffalo!
I lived in that area for 12 years, and you are correct. However, there have been a few days in Abilene lately that made me think of living there. The difference, of course, is the number of days of snow. Here, it is often a day or two followed by a very warm day. My new next door neighbor from the Pacific northwest told me that this is the first place he has ever lived that had all four seasons in one day.

And the worst three words in the English language are "Lake effect snow!" I will never live in that snow belt area again if I can help it. You don't have to shovel Texas sunshine.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:07 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I never realized just how much I hate cold and rainy weather until this year. Usually we'll get little spurts of cold weather, followed by mid 60-70 degree days filled with sunshine. Not so much this year

Same here. I usually love the little cold spells and then it gets back up into the high 50s or 60s for several days, but this Winter has been completely different. I think since mid December we've had maybe 8 days where it was average or above. Most days it has been 10 or 15 degrees below average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas