Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,786,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
To help prove the previous post, what about The Woodlands and Conroe areas? Conroe is a relatively hilly part of the Houston metro with many trees such as this.

These are the best examples of Atlanta's unique beauty you're coming up with? They're beautiful yes, but you act like they put parts of Houston to shame. I thought you had really been around in Houston.
he had not. He just stopped at Sharpstown to buy some gold chains and some Jerricurl relaxer

A little drive through Binz, The museum district, Riverside Terrace, River Oaks, Afton Oaks, Lower Montrose, Upper Kirby, The Memorial Villages,Bellaire, West U, etc and he would see that Houston is an extremely charming city.

There is a world of difference between living in Sharpstown and Living in the Museum District

Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,806,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Fixed it
well now it makes sense, but i still don't understand your point

Quote:
too right. San Antonio peeps don't know crap about Houston, most just go by what they hear. comparing the city of Houston to the city of SA is not a competition. SA wins the slum dog millionaire fight easily. slums running from the south east all the way to the north west and from the north east all the way down to the south west.

I will admit, there are some nice area on the north side, but the south east, the south, the south west, the west and the north west side of town??? man oh man, they have no right to open their mouths and call any place ugly
are you talking about me?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure about this one, this looks similar to the Gulf Freeway heading towards downtown pretty close to Griggs intersection where the freeway starts to resemble a double decker freeway.
i'm speaking of the architecture and views

Quote:
Atlanta, GA - Google Maps There's parts of Sugarland, Cinco Ranch, Cypress, Shadowcreek Ranch, and The Woodlands that look just as good as this.
in your opinion, sir. not mine

new houses like this are NOT the norm in houston, and there's no where in the city where you can sit atop a hill and see the entire city

Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,335,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
that's still the same area, just on the otherside of 281. in person, this particular area really doesn't look that bad, it's east of 281 and the airport that looks terrible. trust me lol
Oh ok. Well still. I'm talking about the freeway and the impression it leaves from it. That area looks terrible. The area away from the freeway may look nice. But that picture there is very ugly.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I have a feeling Al visits some rundown area of Alief, or Sharpstown, or some rundown area near gulfgate and he thinks all of Houston looks like that. From 5 months on here I can really tell that he knows little about the metro
act your age....whatever it is

Quote:
To help prove the previous post, what about The Woodlands and Conroe areas? Conroe is a relatively hilly part of the Houston metro with many trees such as this. Check the link below.
Panoramio - Untitled photo

These are the best examples of Atlanta's unique beauty you're coming up with? They're beautiful yes, but you act like they put parts of Houston to shame. I thought you had really been around in Houston.
oh, how convenient. so because i don't think the woodlands are as beautiful as buckhead, i've never been there?...like i said, i've been all around houston, and there's no place that looks as gorgeous IN MY OPINION

Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
he had not. He just stopped at Sharpstown to buy some gold chains and some Jerricurl relaxer

A little drive through Binz, The museum district, Riverside Terrace, River Oaks, Afton Oaks, Lower Montrose, Upper Kirby, The Memorial Villages,Bellaire, West U, etc and he would see that Houston is an extremely charming city.

There is a world of difference between living in Sharpstown and Living in the Museum District
meh....give me druid hills, paces, chastain park, and va highlands anyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Oh ok. Well still. I'm talking about the freeway and the impression it leaves from it. That area looks terrible. The area away from the freeway may look nice. But that picture there is very ugly.
i understand. i'm just saying it looks pretty different in person

Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:

are you talking about me?
lol, I didn't know you were an SA peep. no, I was not talking about you

Old 11-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
nope, it doesn't get better away from the freeways, it gets worse. my advice to yopu is to stay on the highways and keep driving

Old 11-29-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
act your age....whatever it is

oh, how convenient. so because i don't think the woodlands are as beautiful as buckhead, i've never been there?...like i said, i've been all around houston, and there's no place that looks as gorgeous IN MY OPINION
lol, nothing to do with age, it has to do with tastes and clearly you have none ha ha ha ha

Old 11-29-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
meh....give me druid hills, paces, chastain park, and va highlands anyday
you have to admit that there are many many many attractive areas in the city of Houston,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas