Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 20,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIFERN View Post
If you could move anywhere you want in "northern Texas" where would you go? We can move anywhere in the northern half of the state. We'd love a smaller city that has great schools, low taxes, low crime and tons of kids sports. I know I'm asking for the moon...
I look forward to all the replies, Thanks

I would take a look at Lewisville or Denton. Both cities are located close enough to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex to enjoy cultural and entertainment opportunities, but far enough away to still have a fairly "small-town" feel. The commute to Dallas can be about an hour each way, but the schools are great and the cities themselves have fairly low crimerates. PLUS, Lewisville and Denton are located fairly close to D/FW Airport. Also take a look at Southlake/Colleyville, although taxes might (MIGHT) be high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 PM

46 posts, read 216,779 times
I appreciate all of your responses. I'm hearing alot about Tyler on the board here. Interesting.....
As far as my career, I'm an educational sign language interpreter. I've been able to find employment everytime we've moved across the nation. (my hubby former Army officer) And as far as scenery, we're midwesterners so we prefer lush green landscapes and oak trees. ;-)
Thanks again for all your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas