Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
You're right. In-N-Out was the first drive through joint.
Nope. That doesn't appear to be right, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo View Post
You may be right, but I hope not. It's not like I'm giving you information that I got from my neighbor's friend's orthodontist or something. This is coming directly from In-N-Out employees.

Nevertheless, you say slow growth is the business model, and I agree. However, we both know these rumors have been around for 3 or more years (and we know for the past few years they've always confirmed they were very interested in the Texas market), so I'm not sure how them moving into Texas now would be anything but "slow growth". The focus on building the infrastructure/distribution for at least a year also jives with their business model.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope you're wrong.
Exactly. Good post. +rep

Mdmagana, I think you may just be jealous that In-N-Out looks to be skipping over New Mexico entirely, for Texas. jk

Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
Sorry, I'm just not buying this. It took In 'N' Out 55 years just to leave southern California. I really don't see them skipping over most of Arizona and all of New Mexico just to get to Texas.
They are in Arizonia already 18 fast food joints. Come on over to Texas. I'll support ya. Don't care for any of the other fast food burgers besides Snuffers.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
This seems to come up a lot on the San Antonio board too. People like this place for some reason. I think their fries are too soft.

Now if Dick's would open up a place or two in San Antonio... except they have yet to open any locations outside of King County, and it's a big jump to pass over Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 PM

29 posts, read 122,639 times
I hated Dick's (I assume you mean the Seattle chain) -- they don't allow special orders and I have to have a plain burger.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,244 times
I wouldn't mind if they showed up in Texas... that means they'd probably show up in New Mexico as well. =)

Regarding all the In 'N' Out rumors though... there is a thread similar to this with rumors of new openings on the Albuquerque board and on a Florida board. Seems everyone wants In 'N' Out. =)

Nothing against Whataburger, White Castle or any other regional favorites, but SoCal really has the burger thing down in my opinion. So many national chains have come from there, not to mention all of the great mom and pop burger places on every corner. Los Angeles might not have pizza like New York or BBQ like Kansas City, but they do burgers like no other.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I wouldn't mind if they showed up in Texas... that means they'd probably show up in New Mexico as well. =)

Regarding all the In 'N' Out rumors though... there is a thread similar to this with rumors of new openings on the Albuquerque board and on a Florida board. Seems everyone wants In 'N' Out. =)

Nothing against Whataburger, White Castle or any other regional favorites, but SoCal really has the burger thing down in my opinion. So many national chains have come from there, not to mention all of the great mom and pop burger places on every corner. Los Angeles might not have pizza like New York or BBQ like Kansas City, but they do burgers like no other.
No way. Texas has the best burgers. You compare Whataburger and In and Out to eachother; it would be a tie. They are both know for their burgers.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No way. Texas has the best burgers. You compare Whataburger and In and Out to eachother; it would be a tie. They are both know for their burgers.
As a California native, I definately give Texas the nod for best burgers.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 PM

252 posts, read 724,495 times
We'll be near the In-and-Out Burger.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
In-N-Out >>>> Whataburger any day of the week.

However, Whataburgers fries are better than In-N-Out's. But Checkers/Rally's fries are better than both of them.

Whataburger has me on the toilet for hours on end after eating them. But I'm not bitter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas