Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM

123 posts, read 359,172 times

Advertisements

Have you gotten used to the wacky Texas weather? Also what about Texas weather do you like/dislike? I've lived in Texas most of my life and while I have much love for my home state, I can't get used to the broiling heat/humidity of the summers.My fave time is early spring and mid fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
I'm a native Texan who hates Texas summers, but they are a little more bearable where there is less humidity (West Texas and the Panhandle).

I'm well used to it, but the older I get, the more I hate hot weather!, South central NM isn't a whole lot better in that regard, except for the fact that it's even drier than WT, and the nights cool off more.

There are a lot of things that I miss about Texas, but the hot weather isn't one of them.

I left CO yesterday morning, 29 degrees, and a light dusting of snow on the ground. I hated to leave.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I agree with Cathy4017. I live in North Central TX, where it is considerably more humid than West Texas, and it's a lot harder to take as far as I'm concerned. That and the severe weather at the southern end of 'Tornado Alley' are the worst things about the "wacky Texas weather".

Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
ITT - someone will make a remark, and others will disagree, and a big fight will ensue over who's opinion is correct.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I'm a native Texan who hates Texas summers, but they are a little more bearable where there is less humidity (West Texas and the Panhandle).

I'm well used to it, but the older I get, the more I hate hot weather!, South central NM isn't a whole lot better in that regard, except for the fact that it's even drier than WT, and the nights cool off more.

There are a lot of things that I miss about Texas, but the hot weather isn't one of them.

I left CO yesterday morning, 29 degrees, and a light dusting of snow on the ground. I hated to leave.
I hear ya about the colder weather. When it snowed this year I was so excited to get the 4 inches or so here in Texarkana, lol.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:30 AM

398 posts, read 1,416,955 times
i love Texas weather.... in fact here's a picture of tonight's storms that rolled in with the cold front.

viewed over Eagle Pass, TX from Piedras Negras, Coah.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:17 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
Cool pics Texan!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:15 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,979,752 times
I always felt - especially living in Austin - that there wasn't enough cold weather in winter to become acclimated to it. You have a stretch of cold days followed by a warm-up that would be equivalent to late spring weather a lot of other places (like where I live now). I could never really get used to cold weather in Austin -- it always felt unnatural. The older I got - I was almost 50 when we left Austin - the harder and more unpleasant the brutally hot summers became. Spring and Autumn in Texas can be nice, but they are so short!

Old 04-24-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan55 View Post
i love Texas weather.... in fact here's a picture of tonight's storms that rolled in with the cold front.

viewed over Eagle Pass, TX from Piedras Negras, Coah.
The storms that came through here last night weren't too bad. Although since I have Dish Network my programming was off for a bit which sucked.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:28 AM

398 posts, read 1,416,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
The storms that came through here last night weren't too bad. Although since I have Dish Network my programming was off for a bit which sucked.
all around the dell rio area was pretty bad. radar picked up at least 8 tornado signatures... saw some winds clocked in at 60-90mph. lots of hail. it was quite a sight for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas