Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best City in Texas?
Dallas and Fort Worth 15 29.41%
San Antonio 13 25.49%
Houston 13 25.49%
Austin 8 15.69%
Somewhere else(mention in your post what city) 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:33 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,784,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
are you still whining?....Ugh!!!...get over it.People include ft worth because we are one metroplex.. Fort worth has never been bigger than Dallas so ...yes people would think about this area if ft.worth wasnt here....Yes Ft worth has grew a smidge faster than dallas in recent time but thats only recent time AND................Dallas added more people than Ft.Worth in 2008. Yet Peole are blowing yall head up for yall to think that DT Ft.Worth can actually compete with Dallas.....It offers nothing unique.Yea people walk around and goto the T.G.I.Fridays and stuff...BIG DEAL....like i said.....Our wst end give yall entire downtown a run for its money.We have more restraurants in the west end than yall do in al of Dontown ft. worth!!..Where are all ofthe nightclubs and Hotels and spas at in DT FW?........Where is the aquarium in DTFW?Ya the cowboys play in ARLINGTON..not ft.worth....and trust me arlington got the biggest benifit for having something with a dallas name on it...Nobody even knew arlington existed before then....Yeah six flags was there beore them bt people always thought that was Dallas. I dont know why you would keep Ft.worth slow and old timey just for he sake of saying its not Dallas...Dallas+Flashy developments and great infrastructure=Progressive
Ft.Worth+Old timey and slow = Stagnant and envious....and t talk about "Attitudes"....Ft.Worth will never win with that one.

LOL

You must not have read ANY of what I typed.
You dont get it dude..... Your West End is not what it used to be. Fort Worth doesn't have alot of what Dallas has in its downtown area because it was built for EVERY-BODY.... not just a bunch of wannabes. That "flashy" style is just plasitc arrogance, which is why alot of people view the city as fake and "trying too hard."

I didn't say the new Cowboys Stadium was in Fort Worth, I was implying that it WASN'T in Dallas. It's not even in your county anymore. And again, showing your "Dallatude" you're blowing things up in your favor. Arlington was known more than 3 decades ago when they got the RANGERS. It wasn't the Cowboys who made Arlington known by the rest of the country (I'm guessing you're forgeting the name of the ballpark....?)

And for the last time, NO ONE is blowing our heads up because, and I don't know why I have to bring this up since you bring it out every single chance ya get, FORT WORTH ISN'T SEEN AS IT'S OWN CITY BY MOST AMERICANS. And the only time we "whine" about it is when you encourage it. Fort Worth is different from Dallas because we don't want to be some sheep clone of our neighbor. One thing we admire about our city is that it embraces it's old west heritage (while still being a modern city) instead of trying to convince the entire world that we are just like other cities.

Now if you wanna keep trolling in the great name of Dallas, than keep doing so. I'll be there to correct ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,239,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
LOL

You dont get it dude..... Your West End is not what it used to be. Fort Worth doesn't have alot of what Dallas has in its downtown area because it was built for EVERY-BODY.... not just a bunch of wannabes. That "flashy" style is just plasitc arrogance, which is why alot of people view the city as fake and "trying too hard."

I didn't say the new Cowboys Stadium was in Fort Worth, I was implying that it WASN'T in Dallas. It's not even in your county anymore. And again, showing your "Dallatude" you're blowing things up in your favor. Arlington was known more than 3 decades ago when they got the RANGERS. It wasn't the Cowboys who made Arlington known by the rest of the country (I'm guessing you're forgeting the name of the ballpark....?)

And for the last time, NO ONE is blowing our heads up because, and I don't know why I have to bring this up since you bring it out every single chance ya get, FORT WORTH ISN'T SEEN AS IT'S OWN CITY BY MOST AMERICANS. And the only time we "whine" about it is when you encourage it. Fort Worth is different from Dallas because we don't want to be some sheep clone of our neighbor. One thing we admire about our city is that it embraces it's old west heritage (while still being a modern city) instead of trying to convince the entire world that we are just like other cities.

Now if you wanna keep trolling in the great name of Dallas, than keep doing so. I'll be there to correct ya.
damn!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:20 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,939,206 times
Quote:
LOL

Ouch..

Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,605,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
San Antonio most definitely for theme parks, and things to do.

Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbahn, Sea World, River Walk, YES THE SPURS!, Tower of America's, AND THE FOOD.

You also have La Villita,El Marcado,SA Zoo,McNay Art Museum,Witte Museum,SA Missions Historic Park,Institute Of Texan Cultures

Old 05-06-2010, 12:13 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,384,516 times
Quote:
LOL

Uhh....U havent corrected me once...."FORT WORTH ISN"T SEEN AS ITS OWN CITY BY MOST AMERICANS"...is something you have to suck up..its been like that for years and years...The fact that it still bothers you is what I was addressing...Yes you are right about the west end not being what it used to be but the fact still remains that it is still more comparable to the entire downtown ft.worth...and FYI the west end is far from dead...it has even more restaurants than it did when the Market Place WAS in operation. And not to add that its adding more and getting better everyday. The Fact that the Cowboys don't play in Dallas county anymore means nothing....Their camp is in San Antonio every year..are they the San Antonio cowboys?...NO!....THEY BELONG TO DALLAS!...they could build a stadium in el Paso for all I care..we didnt pay for it..

Oh and I totally understand Ft.Worth not wanting to be a sheep clone of dallas..but not moving forward and re-shaping certin developments for the sake of not becoming Dallas will only keep Ft.Worth being viewed as Dallas' sidekick,younger bother,suburban sibling.And to a certin degree "envious 2nd". Like Ive said before...I don't have a problem with Ft.Worth and neither does probably 98% of Dallasites in general. And I really do hate that you view me as a troll, I just say what needs to be said...AND!!!....If there is such thing as Dallitude..its only brought on by the constant belittling of Dallas...Somebody gotta stick up for it........now correct me!!!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,791,313 times
Quote:
Uhh....U havent corrected me once...."FORT WORTH ISN"T SEEN AS ITS OWN CITY BY MOST AMERICANS"...is something you have to suck up..its been like that for years and years...The fact that it still bothers you is what I was addressing...Yes you are right about the west end not being what it used to be but the fact still remains that it is still more comparable to the entire downtown ft.worth...and FYI the west end is far from dead...it has even more restaurants than it did when the Market Place WAS in operation. And not to add that its adding more and getting better everyday. The Fact that the Cowboys don't play in Dallas county anymore means nothing....Their camp is in San Antonio every year..are they the San Antonio cowboys?...NO!....THEY BELONG TO DALLAS!...they could build a stadium in el Paso for all I care..we didnt pay for it..

Oh and I totally understand Ft.Worth not wanting to be a sheep clone of dallas..but not moving forward and re-shaping certin developments for the sake of not becoming Dallas will only keep Ft.Worth being viewed as Dallas' sidekick,younger bother,suburban sibling.And to a certin degree "envious 2nd". Like Ive said before...I don't have a problem with Ft.Worth and neither does probably 98% of Dallasites in general. And I really do hate that you view me as a troll, I just say what needs to be said...AND!!!....If there is such thing as Dallitude..its only brought on by the constant belittling of Dallas...Somebody gotta stick up for it........now correct me!!!!!
Please Arlington is nothing but extended Fort Worth. The Cowboys play in a Fort Worth suburb not a Dallas suburb. Regardless Fort Worth and Tarrant County has out grown Dallas by a huge margin since 2000. Dallasites can continue to downplay and disrespect Fort Worth all you want but Fort Worth and Tarrant County inches closer every year to Dallas in population.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Please Arlington is nothing but extended Fort Worth. The Cowboys play in a Fort Worth suburb not a Dallas suburb. Regardless Fort Worth and Tarrant County has out grown Dallas by a huge margin since 2000. Dallasites can continue to downplay and disrespect Fort Worth all you want but Fort Worth and Tarrant County inches closer every year to Dallas in population.
We'll see in about a year how close they are...until then and even then...we are still the nut-sack of the metro...just look at any map.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,784,389 times
Quote:

Ok....

First off, we're not gonna just lay down and let people see us as something we're not. The reason why it bothers us is because alot of Dallasites tend to use Fort Worth and Arlington in order to boost yourselves up to world class status, then step all over both as small, slow, unlivable communities, which is very class BTW. Stop me if I'm wrong, but how many times do people from Dallas mention all the attractions that are NOT in your city on this forum?
Second, I never said the West End was "dead", but that fact that you continuously mention that this one part of your downtown area is better than our entire area is a joke. And it's a sign a trolling when you have to say the same thing over and over to pump yourselves up....
And speaking of which, trolling is when someone just has to put down or trash one or a few specific topics or opinions on a forum. And every single time someone says something positive about Fort Worth, I almost always see that 'dallasboi' in the corner with a "Yeah Fort Worth's aight... but DALLAS [insert any "we're better becase" post here]. That's why I call you a troll. What you call "saying what needs to be said" is just annoyance. And like I've been saying, you bring it on yourselves. Your city is already the biggest and most known in DFW, so what else do you have to gain by steppin' on us, exactly?

One last thing, we have our devlopments as well. The TRV, Uptown, W. 7th, a plaza in Sundance Square, and an already built Convention Center hotel. Maybe if you took more time commending what we're doing instead of trying to get into a pissing contest over what both cities have and don't have, I wouldn't mind you. But each and every single time I see that 'dallasboi' and something that makes Fort Worth look miles inferior to Dallas, I'll keep comming with these stupid and pointless wasts of time and actually DEFEND your city like neighbors are supposed to...

Old 05-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Ok....

First off, we're not gonna just lay down and let people see us as something we're not. The reason why it bothers us is because alot of Dallasites tend to use Fort Worth and Arlington in order to boost yourselves up to world class status, then step all over both as small, slow, unlivable communities, which is very class BTW. Stop me if I'm wrong, but how many times do people from Dallas mention all the attractions that are NOT in your city on this forum?
Second, I never said the West End was "dead", but that fact that you continuously mention that this one part of your downtown area is better than our entire area is a joke. And it's a sign a trolling when you have to say the same thing over and over to pump yourselves up....
And speaking of which, trolling is when someone just has to put down or trash one or a few specific topics or opinions on a forum. And every single time someone says something positive about Fort Worth, I almost always see that 'dallasboi' in the corner with a "Yeah Fort Worth's aight... but DALLAS [insert any "we're better becase" post here]. That's why I call you a troll. What you call "saying what needs to be said" is just annoyance. And like I've been saying, you bring it on yourselves. Your city is already the biggest and most known in DFW, so what else do you have to gain by steppin' on us, exactly?

One last thing, we have our devlopments as well. The TRV, Uptown, W. 7th, a plaza in Sundance Square, and an already built Convention Center hotel. Maybe if you took more time commending what we're doing instead of trying to get into a pissing contest over what both cities have and don't have, I wouldn't mind you. But each and every single time I see that 'dallasboi' and something that makes Fort Worth look miles inferior to Dallas, I'll keep comming with these stupid and pointless wasts of time and actually DEFEND your city like neighbors are supposed to...
I wish you could point out where I bashed or stepped all over Ft.Worth.I cant recall doin that...However what bothers me is how u expect to be able to trash dallas and were not suppose to say nothing...I like FT.Worth..but You cant make me like it more than Dallas and when we defend dallas....you guys try and make it seem like were trashing Ft.worth and thats simply not the case. Ithink that Ft.Worthians should accept the fact that we ARE one entity....and Dallas is the principle city in the reigon.And really Ft.Worth is only mentioned when people are talking in REIGONAL terms....thats why it is only mention SOMETIMES. We are not mentioning FT.Worth when its convenient for us..but only when it warranted to do so.If I offended u I apologize

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-06-2010 at 06:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas