Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is better, in your opinion?
Williams Tower (Houston) 34 52.31%
Bank of America Tower (Dallas) 28 43.08%
Neither, another building elsewhere in Texas is better! 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,818,696 times

Advertisements

do you know what would improve houston's skyline by like a 1000 points??...DESTROY HERITAGE PLAZA...that is the most butt ugly building i've ever seen in my life. it ruins the whole skyline for me

every time i see a pic of downtown houston where i can see that building, i cringe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 11:10 PM

816 posts, read 1,941,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
do you know what would improve houston's skyline by like a 1000 points??...DESTROY HERITAGE PLAZA...that is the most butt ugly building i've ever seen in my life. it ruins the whole skyline for me

every time i see a pic of downtown houston where i can see that building, i cringe
Really? I thought it is a good looking skyscraper. It has a Mayan architecture, maybe that's why you don't like it?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,971,048 times
Quote:

I like it, I think it adds character to the skyline.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Really? I thought it is a good looking skyscraper. It has a Mayan architecture, maybe that's why you don't like it?
ugh, i hate it lol. i always thought that i didn't like houston's skyline, period, but i realized it's pretty much just that one building i can't stand. it's like ultimate symbol for bland-80s boom-sunbelt architecture....it's too bulky and cheap looking to be so tall.

imagine if, in it's place instead, there was a nice, detailed, renaissance like tower with a sleek crown on top. it would complement the skyline much better

Old 05-22-2010, 09:01 PM

882 posts, read 2,239,402 times
Quote:
ugh, i hate it lol. i always thought that i didn't like houston's skyline, period, but i realized it's pretty much just that one building i can't stand. it's like ultimate symbol for bland-80s boom-sunbelt architecture....it's too bulky and cheap looking to be so tall.

imagine if, in it's place instead, there was a nice, detailed, renaissance like tower with a sleek crown on top. it would complement the skyline much better
Yeah, but the same could be said about any building that one might consider ugly in DT, replace it with a "detailed, renaissance like tower with a sleek crown on top". And Heritage Plaza, personally, is a great tower, its unique, easily distinguishes the Houston skyline, and its not a box, well a box with a cool top. My only complaint is that its too wide and its location at the forefront of DT makes it look even more huge. It doesnt look cheap to me, bulky yes, but not cheap, and its anything but bland, as if that mayan top is commonplace in 80's sunbelt architecture.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Yeah, but the same could be said about any building that one might consider ugly in DT, replace it with a "detailed, renaissance like tower with a sleek crown on top". And Heritage Plaza, personally, is a great tower, its unique, easily distinguishes the Houston skyline, and its not a box, well a box with a cool top. My only complaint is that its too wide and its location at the forefront of DT makes it look even more huge. It doesnt look cheap to me, bulky yes, but not cheap, and its anything but bland, as if that mayan top is commonplace in 80's sunbelt architecture.
i'm sorry but it's a very ugly building.

the mayan top is the worst part of it. it looks silly and misplaced. the entire building looks like it belongs in LEGOland. the difference between it and the other towers downtown is they aren't ugly

sure, some people might find the top to be "cool", but cool =/= attractive...which a skyline should be

Old 05-23-2010, 07:35 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,901,131 times
It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/18...4c20f9.jpg?v=0

Old 05-23-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/18...4c20f9.jpg?v=0
sorry, but that's just the way i feel about it

if anything, they should've just stuck with the mayan idea and use that pattern and those materials for the entire building. but instead they thought that shiny curtain wall combined with ancient architecture was appropriate

Old 05-23-2010, 08:32 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,901,131 times
Quote:
sorry, but that's just the way i feel about it

if anything, they should've just stuck with the mayan idea and use that pattern and those materials for the entire building. but instead they thought that shiny curtain wall combined with ancient architecture was appropriate
Now THAT would have been ugly, in my opinion.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:02 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,971,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Now THAT would have been ugly, in my opinion.
Ewwww, we're trying to build a city for the future, not a city for 300 BC or something like that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas