Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:43 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered_by_Espresso View Post
No way, Austin is full of outgoing friendly types! Moving from Seattle it was a shock to the system, a lovely one, but took me a bit to adjust.
Well if some Texans consider it a bit "introverted" then imagine other cities in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 12:57 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,034 times
Austin is not introverted, more Provincial. Most Austinites don't really care about the outside world...

Old 03-26-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Austin is not introverted, more Provincial. Most Austinites don't really care about the outside world...
The Austintude gives off the impression that austinites are introverted. That and the quirkiness. I just personally don't get how a city full of transplants in "creative" fields like tech and music can be seen as being extroverts. I picture techies to be rather A type and not that friendly. Well that is if ATX is turning into anything like the Bay Area, according to the media.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:31 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The Austintude gives off the impression that austinites are introverted. That and the quirkiness. I just personally don't get how a city full of transplants in "creative" fields like tech and music can be seen as being extroverts. I picture techies to be rather A type and not that friendly. Well that is if ATX is turning into anything like the Bay Area, according to the media.
You really need to get beyond stereotyping so much. It's really lame and played out at this point. Not "everyone" in Austin is like that, and the major cities in Texas are so big it's useless to try and paint them as all being the same. I'm not even a big fan of Austin, but I know people living there and most are not like that, and none are in the IT field.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:10 PM

117 posts, read 129,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You really haven't been to Austin in a very long time, have you?

Old 03-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
You really haven't been to Austin in a very long time, have you?
Nope. Just to visit family during the holidays in Leander but it's usually for a couple days. So I am admitting my ignorance to the city as I have throughout my posts and have only been going on the media portrayal. People do erroneously assume certain things about creative hubs i.e. hipsters, techies, etc. and that's they're introverted. It doesn't make it true and Austin is still in Texas.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:39 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
Fort Worther. Never Fort Worthian. Also, just an anecdote, but we don't write "Ft." Worth. It's always Fort Worth.

Entry from December 25, 2011
Fort Worther (inhabitant of Fort Worth)
"Fort Worther” is the name of an inhabitant of Fort Worth, Texas. The name “Fort Worther” has been cited in print since at least 1886.

Texas, The Lone Star State: Fort Worther (inhabitant of Fort Worth)

Signed,
native Fort Worther
No offense, but I like "Fort Worthian" better and it has been used FAR more than "Fort Worther" at least in the last couple decades.

I guess it's just yet another generational thing.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:31 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No offense, but I like "Fort Worthian" better and it has been used FAR more than "Fort Worther" at least in the last couple decades.

I guess it's just yet another generational thing.
Yes got to be a generational thing. I've personally never heard Fort Worth residence referred to as Fort Worthers. I agree Fort Worthians sounds a lot better. Fort Worthers is too close to being called Fort "worthless" for me.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
How 'bout:

Fort Worthalians
Fort Wortherites
Fort Worthingers
Forters

Old 04-01-2016, 08:56 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
All major metros in Texas are friendly. I will say that going out to bars Houston seems to have the most people willing to leave a group and come over and talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas