Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 03:20 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Extro : Austin
Intro : ?
Haven't been all over Texas but Midland feels more introverted, at least compared to Dallas, Fort Worth, or Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 05:42 AM

638 posts, read 568,041 times
Big D.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Introverts aren't understood or well received from my experience.
That's humanity in general. Society is centered around extroverts and introvert characteristics are thought of as weird or odd. Which as an introvert amuses me because I find many extroverts to be obnoxious, vapid and shallow.

I don't think the OP's question is answerable though. I don't think these are labels that can be assigned to entire cities, particularly since most people are extroverts.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
That's humanity in general. Society is centered around extroverts and introvert characteristics are thought of as weird or odd. Which as an introvert amuses me because I find many extroverts to be obnoxious, vapid and shallow.

I don't think the OP's question is answerable though. I don't think these are labels that can be assigned to entire cities, particularly since most people are extroverts.
Theoretically, you could have everyone in a city take an introversion-extroversion test that scores from 0 to 100 and get the average score for each city and rank them. I don't think every city will score exactly the same, assuming we have the means to calculate it.

And yes, most people are extroverts but some cities lean more towards extroversion than others overall.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:17 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Haven't been all over Texas but Midland feels more introverted, at least compared to Dallas, Fort Worth, or Austin.
I have found people in Midland to be extroverted in my decades of living here but thats just my personal experience and my two cents.....your mileage may vary.West Texans tend to be extroverted for the most part.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I have found people in Midland to be extroverted in my decades of living here but thats just my personal experience and my two cents.....your mileage may vary.West Texans tend to be extroverted for the most part.
Overall extroverted, yes. Compared to Dallas, Fort Worth or Austin, not as extroverted. Even Odessa feels more extroverted.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:13 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Overall extroverted, yes. Compared to Dallas, Fort Worth or Austin, not as extroverted. Even Odessa feels more extroverted.
Okay i havent really noticed a difference between Midland and Odessa in that department but thats just me.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:59 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Okay i havent really noticed a difference between Midland and Odessa in that department but thats just me.
Me neither. I've known people from both, based on my limited experience both seem pretty "Classic movie Texan" to me. Loud, fun, a little braggy, friendly, and likable, with the occasional quite, serious cowboy type.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:30 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,695,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Me neither. I've known people from both, based on my limited experience both seem pretty "Classic movie Texan" to me. Loud, fun, a little braggy, friendly, and likable, with the occasional quite, serious cowboy type.
Good description. I tend to really like West Texans and folks from the Panhandle.

I'd vote for Austin as most extroverted, but the whole state seems pretty extroverted in my opinion. In my experiences weather and geography can definitely influence the introverted-extroverted personality type. The Pacific NW has more introverts than anywhere else I've lived. Mountains and wet or snowy weather can do that.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:55 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered_by_Espresso View Post
No way, Austin is full of outgoing friendly types! Moving from Seattle it was a shock to the system, a lovely one, but took me a bit to adjust.
That's just Texas culture. We're glad you're here, even though I bet you're rethinking that move in this heat. Seattle sounds lovely right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas