Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:11 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,349 times

Advertisements

It depends what park your at too. Magic Kindgom has always had the most attendance over the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 01:36 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,416,050 times
Well, Animal Kingdom wasn't that crowded (was still packed and we had to wait in lines). MGM Studios was pretty crowded though. Downtown Disney was packed as well.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:53 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
No we don't. I hated seeing and hearing the freeways, seeing power lines, and still feeling like I was in the city while at Astroworld. Since this is in New Caney, you will be escaping reality for a few hours.
Not inside the loop. What about all that open space in northern Houston?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You do know that the park I'm talking about is the park that Guerilla is talking about, right? All theme parks are cheesy. You overlook that for the atmosphere it provides. And this one could do a great job of doing that.
Like hell they're all cheesy. Coney Island was very urban and very fun, Six Flags over Georgia was also very cool. We need something targeted towards adults as well as kids. Just a big, humongous carnival with exclusive rides would suit me just fun. Something urban that mixes with culture and becomes a staple in our city so that it doesn't take a day trip just to get on a decent rollercoaster.

Why put it in a suburb? Haven't we sprawled out enough?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I went to Disney in March of '02 and it was packed. Luckily, we had that fastpass thing.
Which Disney?

Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Like hell they're all cheesy. Coney Island was very urban and very fun, Six Flags over Georgia was also very cool. We need something targeted towards adults as well as kids. Just a big, humongous carnival with exclusive rides would suit me just fun. Something urban that mixes with culture and becomes a staple in our city so that it doesn't take a day trip just to get on a decent rollercoaster.

Why put it in a suburb? Haven't we sprawled out enough?
Six Flags over Georgia is cheesy. I've been there. You been to one six flags theme park, you've been to them all (even though the best one is in Arlington). I might have went overboard by saying all theme parks are cheesy, but most of them are. Again, the atmosphere it provides trumps the cheesiness factor when it comes to theme parks. This new park will be fun targeted for both adults as well as kids. It won't take a day trip. It's right in the Houston metropolitan area.

Also, most theme parks are in the suburbs. Only a few are in cities. Name most parks, they are in rural areas seperated from the hustle and bustle of the city. Schiltterbahn was voted many years in a row as the best water park in the nation and it is in the rural areas of New Braunfels between San Antonio and Austin. Also, I may be wrong on this one, but theme parks really don't create sprawl. But they do have huge amount of parking.

This park would be built in Eastern Montgomery County. Take a trip away from the city and relax.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,416,050 times
And it isn't even that far north. If you draw a line from New Caney out to I-40, you would be just north of the Hardy Tollroad/I-45 merge.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:43 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,349 times
We went alot to the kingdoms, MGM and Magic Kingdom are packed quite a bit. It also depends what time of the year you go. Summer is very croweded and so is March due to spring breaks happening. That was one of the things I liked living there, we did get to go to the WDW quite a bit as well as Universal Studios, which is my favorite.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Six Flags over Georgia is cheesy. I've been there. You been to one six flags theme park, you've been to them all (even though the best one is in Arlington). I might have went overboard by saying all theme parks are cheesy, but most of them are. Again, the atmosphere it provides trumps the cheesiness factor when it comes to theme parks. This new park will be fun targeted for both adults as well as kids. It won't take a day trip. It's right in the Houston metropolitan area.

Also, most theme parks are in the suburbs. Only a few are in cities. Name most parks, they are in rural areas seperated from the hustle and bustle of the city. Schiltterbahn was voted many years in a row as the best water park in the nation and it is in the rural areas of New Braunfels between San Antonio and Austin. Also, I may be wrong on this one, but theme parks really don't create sprawl. But they do have huge amount of parking.

This park would be built in Eastern Montgomery County. Take a trip away from the city and relax.
Well Splashtown in San Antonio is in the city, the last time I checked and people love its location. This park that Houston metro is getting is not what I'm looking for. I just want to know where all of these bad ideas are coming from.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,650,964 times
If you want to say Splashtown is in the city so is Fiesta and Sea World, both are within the city limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas