Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 PM

6 posts, read 26,318 times

Advertisements

My husband and I (and our two small dogs) are moving from Texas to Bowling Green so that I can work on my PhD. I'm having a hard time finding a good and affordable apartment. Can anyone help me? The fact that we have 2 small dogs is making it more difficult. We would like somewhere close to a shuttle stop, with covered parking and in a decent area. Please help. We won't be able to visit before me move. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 PM

34 posts, read 189,946 times
I honestly don't know of any apartments like that. They're all in pretty nice areas (as far as crime is concerned... but there will be drunk college students). I don't think I've ever come across an apartment in BG with covered parking though. And the ones on shuttle stops are where all the drunk college kids are. I found a place to live that would accept my dog, but it was far off campus and away from shuttle stops.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 7,306 times
Is it difficult to find apartments in Bowling Green in general? Or just apartments that accept pets?

Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 PM

I'm having trouble finding an apartment that accepts pets. It seems that other apartments aren't difficult to find.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 7,306 times
Well, if you find an apartment that accepts dogs please post the name and contact info.

Thanks!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM

21 posts, read 115,076 times
I think your best bet would be to try and find an individual, not a large management company who rents. My friend lives in BG and she is allowed to have 2 cats and I believe some of the apartments/townhouses have carports/garages. If you'd like more info, I can get some from her.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 PM

I would love some more information. Please find out from your friend whatever you can and I will be much obliged. Thank you.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM

21 posts, read 115,076 times
VGarcia,
I sent you a PM regarding the apartment complex in BG.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:57 AM

217 posts, read 845,298 times
All of BG is pretty nice, but I don't know of anything close to a shuttle stop. I did a search on rent.com that accepted dogs and came up with a few, but adding 'parking available' narrowed it just to the one below. They've got pictures if you go to rent.com and check it out. Otherwise, the next closest that fit that are Perrysburg and Maumee (each 10-20 min away depending).

Arbors Of Bowling Green
360 Colony Lane
Bowling Green, OH 43402

Welcome to the Arbors of Bowling Green Apartment Homes. Our property features a clubhouse, playground, detached garages available, detached parking at apartment, central air conditioning, handicap access and laundry facilities on premises. Inside your apartment you will find stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, walk-in closets, ceiling fans, blinds, vaulted ceilings, cable-ready, carpeting, patio, washer and dryer hookups in 2 & 3 bedroom units. Stop in today and see why we're the right choice for you.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,060 times
Admittedly I'm a latecomer to this party, but if you're still looking & subscribed...

Some of the things that might be important elsewhere might be less important in consideration of other things here in BG, especially if you are not visiting first. That might prove to be the most difficult, because a small, individual landlord might be more hesitant to rent to someone they have never met than someone they have. Also, without coming here, it is difficult for you to evaluate: is a shuttle stop an absolute necessity? Because it's true that that is where the drunken undergrads are every Thursday night and I would not want to live near them. (Sorry, being honest. The first year I came here, on the main drag, on the first move in weekend, there were huge yard signs made by the fraternities that would have made me seriously reconsider moving my daughter to this town and having chosen BG. Finally the people at city hall figured out how to get rid of them. They were NOT a good introduction to coming here.)

The good news is, almost everything in BG is close. I mean, 7 minutes in your car, from any point in town to any point. It would all be easily bikeable if it weren't for... winter. Also, there are really nice neighborhoods, with old trees, yards and families with small children (not fraternities) but they are unlikely to have garages. It snowed this past winter and was cold enough, but I don't know how many times I actually cleaned off my car this winter. Certainly less than 10 (not counting frost).
You might want to look for things marketed to "graduate and professional" tenants. For your first year here, you might be stuck with a complex just because of the handicap of not being able to meet the landlord first.

{I'm one of those individual land-people, have a nice house away from the all-student area. I do, incidentally, have a one bedroom available but it's small for more than one dog & I'm uncomfortable, like I said, renting sight unseen.) I use Craig's list to advertise, this might be a good place to look, though I see Far More yard signs for rent than lisitngs in Craig's list Toledo/BG.

Anyways, best of luck, hope you really like where you find & much success with the phd!

Last edited by sesameseed; 05-30-2008 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: for clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo