Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:51 PM

896 posts, read 1,841,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmith View Post
I am really proud of the Toledo forum... it used to only be negative Toledo-hating, but now it is starting to show a more balanced picture of the city's high and low points. There is still an occasional "I hate Toledo... I moved out of there as soon as I could in 1985 and haven't been back... and anyone that wants to live there is a moron" comments.

I hope that in some tiny, miniscule way, were all making a public case for why Toledos a great place for someone to move. I hope someones just surfing the forums on here reading about different places and looks in on a topic of a discussion and it peaks their interest in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,106 times
Could someone tell me about this address in Toledo,OH? 2822 Chestnut Street Toledo,OH 43608
There's a house for sale in the polish village. Is it a nice area?
Tammy

Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 PM

227 posts, read 623,044 times
Re-post from similar query:

I get a lot of out-of-towners asking about the astonishingly cheap properties comming on to the market in the Polish Village area. I have no arguments with Tobias C's assessment. If you are accustomed to some of the urban issues already, you can buy a house for next to nothing.

If you are trying to assess whether the really low price on a property you saw was unusual... it isn't. I haved showed a houses listed for less then 2K there... (I am one of the few Realtors that are happy to show houses in pretty much any neighborhood..., especially after the recent Realtor abductions near Youngstown.)

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM

84 posts, read 166,476 times
If you are going to be working in Downtown Toledo or near there, then Oregon is probably a decent bet. For apartment names you can check out one that starts with "Kings"(not as good but cheaper) or Baypointe which is higher-end pricing but offers attached garages. Perrysburg is about half an hour from Toledo and is also nice, but pricier. Levis-Commons is a known apartment complex/area but again its pricier than places in Oregon. Depends what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo