Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 PM

68 posts, read 197,621 times

Advertisements

Hello good people of Toledo. I recently got offered a job here in Toledo. We are a fairly young couple 27 & 30. My wife is from Southfield Michigan. She's wanting us to live in Michigan. I'm definitely open to the option, but we would have to leave in a suburb of Ann Arbor. I don't think there's any suburb of Detroit that is 30-35 minutes to Toledo. So my question is: Are their any towns south of Ann Arbor that would fit the bill?

I would live in Toledo, but I've been told Toledo is not for young couples like us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 08:15 PM

285 posts, read 642,641 times
There are some Toledo suburbs in Monroe County, MI such as Temperance, Lambertville, and Monroe. They are nice communities, but they would not be very exciting for a young couple. Ann Arbor is about 45-50 minutes from Toledo depending on which part of town, so it just depends on whether driving is an issue.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 AM

896 posts, read 1,854,828 times
Theres no towns in between that are exciting whatsoever. If anything, you should probably just locate yourself like halfway between. So you can at least get everywhere, be it Ann Arbor, Toledo, or Detroit....within a reasonable drive.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:57 AM

19 posts, read 36,183 times
The only towns I can suggest to you are Saline and Monroe. Saline has easy access to 23 and isn't far from A2. Monroe is located on 75. Both towns do not have a nightlife and are more for families. If you're looking for somewhere with a nightlife and want to be in Michigan, move to A2. I will say though that Toledo is definatly for young couples, I'm not sure where you heard that from but I know for a fact anybody on this forum will be in agreeance with me.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:20 AM

896 posts, read 1,854,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimori View Post
I would live in Toledo, but I've been told Toledo is not for young couples like us.

What exactly are "young couples" like you?

Youll find theres a lot for young people do. Maybe not as much as a big city but theres plenty going on here. Theres plenty of restaurants and bars and clubs and concerts and sports events and parks and festivals in Toledo. And in my opinion, Toledo is becoming better and better every day. Its my belief that young couples such as yourselves should locate to Toledo now, so that you can find the type of house you desire at a more affordable price because im anticipating Toledo becoming more and more desirable in coming years.

Early bird gets the worm kinda thing. Just my opinion. Others will disagree.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM

227 posts, read 626,580 times
Toledo isn't Ann Arbor (there are few places anywhere like Ann Arbor), but I am 29 and I don't know that your assumptions about Toledo are accurate. I will say this for certain: There is nothing between Ann Arbor and Toledo that is more young-couple oriented than Toledo.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:46 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,987,907 times
There are many people who live just north of the state border in Michigan, and work in Toledo. Many of them are former Toledoans who have decent jobs in the city and moved just across the line into Michigan for a variety of reasons. Temperance is very close, but of course not a big exciting city, if that's what you're looking for.

If I were in your situation I'd consider moving fairly close to where your job is, to make your daily commute palatable. Even if you have to move to Ohio. Oregon, Ohio to the east is decent, Sylvania to the west, and the Maumee area to the southwest are also decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo