Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 01:36 PM

27 posts, read 79,897 times

Advertisements

My family (two high school age boys, one is a rock drummer the other a football player have an opportunity to relocate (for work) to Perrysburg (where work is located) area.

We are currently in a suburb of Atlanta, GA.

We are looking for recommendations on:
  • High School
  • Areas to look to relocate to (within short commute to Perrysburg)
  • Areas to avoid
  • Other things we may want to know about the area.
Thanks in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM

414 posts, read 1,010,251 times
Well, Ohio is really into football, so your son who plays will enjoy it here, or at least that aspect. As far as rock bands, I'm really not sure about that seen, but Perrysburg is close to Toledo, so I'm sure there's something there for him.

The Perrysburg Exempted Schools were rated Excellent With Distinction in the 2008-2009 school year. This is the best rating a school can receive, so the school prides itself on quality teachers and high test scores. If you go to ode.com you can look into more detal about the school.

As I said, Perrysburg is close to Toledo so you'll have easy access to the city. The University of Toledo and BGSU are both close so you can attend college sporting events. I would also HIGHLY reccommend going to an OSU football game in the fall if you have a son who plays football. Plus, Perrysburg has some nice shopping and restaurants of its' own.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM

154 posts, read 606,412 times
* Perrysburg
* Perrysburg, Maumee, Rossford, Waterville
* Central Toledo
* Be ready for snow and cold in the winter. The last three winters have been cold and snowy. Downtown Toledo has the Mud Hens baseball team and a new arena. There are many restaurants in Toledo and the Westfield Mall too.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnytimeAnywhere View Post
* Perrysburg
* Perrysburg, Maumee, Rossford, Waterville
* Central Toledo
* Be ready for snow and cold in the winter. The last three winters have been cold and snowy. Downtown Toledo has the Mud Hens baseball team and a new arena. There are many restaurants in Toledo and the Westfield Mall too.
Thanks much!, i appreciate the information.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspink View Post
Well, Ohio is really into football, so your son who plays will enjoy it here, or at least that aspect. As far as rock bands, I'm really not sure about that seen, but Perrysburg is close to Toledo, so I'm sure there's something there for him.

The Perrysburg Exempted Schools were rated Excellent With Distinction in the 2008-2009 school year. This is the best rating a school can receive, so the school prides itself on quality teachers and high test scores. If you go to ode.com you can look into more detal about the school.

As I said, Perrysburg is close to Toledo so you'll have easy access to the city. The University of Toledo and BGSU are both close so you can attend college sporting events. I would also HIGHLY reccommend going to an OSU football game in the fall if you have a son who plays football. Plus, Perrysburg has some nice shopping and restaurants of its' own.
Thanks!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 PM

92 posts, read 327,500 times
If the job offer is in Perrysburg, then that's also a pretty good place to be. That's easily the top pick in terms of towns on the east side of the river. If you wanted to expand your search and still be close to work, then maybe include Maumee and Monclova Township or Waterville which are just across the river.

Perrysburg is a very nice community with a wide variety of older and newer homes. You can find everything from entry level suburban types to 100-year old classics on up to million dollar estates. The population is steadily growing, thanks to an abundance of open land in Perrysburg Township. The high school is only 6-7 years old, which makes it one of the newest in the region. Perrysburg has a quaint, historic old-style downtown, great views of the Maumee River, some nice parks, plus many shops and restaurants, including the newer Levis Commons lifestyle center.

I can't think of any areas in Perrysbug you'd want to avoid - only some places in the greater metro where you probably wouldn't be looking anyways, like East Toledo and the central city. Maybe Sylvania, too, only because it'd be a little far from work.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 AM

227 posts, read 626,580 times
Perrysburg is considered to be a very safe place to raise a family. You can live anyplace in the Toledo Metro area and be within a short drive of anything else in the Toledo Metro area, but Perrysburg would be a good place to at least start looking to be closer to work.

As a young professional, I think Perrysburg is pretty dull and boring, but with teenagers in the house, that may be ideal!

There are a lot of great places to live in Metro Toledo... your biggest problem is going to be January up here.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times
I have 7 kids and the Perrysburg school district has been rated excellent ever since I moved here
at the start of the millenium. The football team was 8-2, with losses only to Southview (a playoff team)
and Anthony Wayne (a good team) and a win over archrival Maumee (another playoff team). The
girls' basketball team reached the final 8 of state with 5 consecutive wins in the playoffs. The girls and
boys tennis teams are perennial conference champions. Most of the athletic teams are above average.
As for test scores, only Ottawa Hills school district outperforms Perrysburg every year. Perrysburg
generally is the 2nd best school district in metro Toledo academically. Most everything in Toledo metro
is less than a half hour drive from everything else, so commute distance and traffic are rarely issues!
I grew up in another state and actually like Perrysburg MORE than where I grew up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo