Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 PM

16 posts, read 74,855 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to move from Texas to Ohio,Toledo for work. We are moving in the summer but coming in March to find a place to live. We were told that Perrysburg and Sylvania are really nice places to live around Toledo, so we found in Perrysburg apartment called Arbors of Perrysburg. If anyone heard of this place-feedback needed.
In Toledo we found Chelsea place and in Sylvania-Sylvan Lakes Apartments. So hopefully one of those place are good and quiet. We would like to be as far as possible from college students but we know that's probably impossible. We also looked for condos but we didn't find much.
Would you say Sylvania is a nicer place to live than Perrysburg? And also we would like to be as close as possible to shopping centers and groceries stores. Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 AM

285 posts, read 639,322 times
Perrysburg is a nice location to live, but it looks like that apartment complex is located in the township and would not be located near much of the development in the city. For that reason I think the Sylvania location would be closer to shopping and groceries.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:42 AM

896 posts, read 1,840,069 times
I wouldnt say one is nicer than the other. Theyre both good communities. Chelsea Place and Sylvan Lakes are both in the Sylvania area. Sylvan Lakes would put you farther out away from most of the businesses and other places you would probably frequent. However at Sylvan Lakes, you would have a Kroger and Andersons Grocery stores literally next door. Chelsea Place is a little further in, and you would be able to get to the entire Franklin Park Mall area in no time.

If Arbors of Perrysburg is where I think it is, off 795 and Oregon Rd, thats kind of farther from shopping and food options. Thats way on the outskirts of Perrysburg, not too far from Owens Community College. Most of the shopping in Perrysburg is on the south side of town on Rt. 25 around Levis Commons, or out on Rt. 20, off of I-75 & the turnpike. I think youd like the Sylvania area choices better.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM

Thanks a lot for you response. We like Sylvania better as well, so we are coming early in March to find a place to live. We are from Texas and it's hard for us to find a place online because you don't know how good and safe is the community. Sylvan Lakes is our number one choice, so hopefully it's what we hope it is. It's probably better to just visit Toledo and its' surroundings and find a place that you like. Thanks again!

Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 AM

896 posts, read 1,840,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetk View Post
it's hard for us to find a place online because you don't know how good and safe is the community.

Any of the suburbs are safe. Thats hardly a factor unless youre looking at neighborhoods within the city.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Thank you again for the information. Another concern about the Oregon Rd location is that it is between two railroads. In general, I noticed many railroads going through Toledo. Is it something to be worried about? I used to live in a small city and when train goes through it whistles all the time.

Last edited by mpetk; 01-29-2011 at 09:52 AM..

Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 PM

2,902 posts, read 1,958,283 times
Both areas are nice. Personally, I prefer living fairly close to where I work, so would consider that while making my decision as well. Perrysburg and Sylvania are quite a distance apart, relatively speaking.

Jeff

Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 PM

84 posts, read 166,424 times
I have been to the Arbors complex when apartment hunting before. It's nice, and one of the newer complexes. Only thing is, its located in the middle of nowhere. Sure there are a few stores and the College further down the street but the area is quite isolated in general. You have to drive about 15 min. to get to the main stores in Pburg. I wouldnt want to live there for that reason alone. If you like isolation and a decent apartment in town then it may be an option. There are other apartments in nicer parts of Pburg and closer to stores.

Perrysburg is considered the more "posh" of the two areas vs. Sylvania.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 PM

227 posts, read 622,633 times
I'm not sure what exact location you are talking about, but, generally, Oregon/ Northwood area has a lot of railroad crossings and railroads... few are underpasses/overpasses. There is a railroad bottle neck at this end of the lake and it seems like all the RRs converge someplace in Oregon, Northwood, and or East Toledo. That is one thing Toledo usually gets right... the city its self if full of underpasses and overpasses. The suburbs have grown at a rate that the infrastructure hasn't been able to keep up with... railroad underpasses are not cheap for the smaller governments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetk View Post
Thank you again for the information. Another concern about the Oregon Rd location is that it is between two railroads. In general, I noticed many railroads going through Toledo. Is it something to be worried about? I used to live in a small city and when train goes through it whistles all the time.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM

We do want to be close to some shopping and groceries stores but we would rather live in a new and quiet neighborhood and away from students. Another concern that we have is how bad are the roads in the winter time and how bad is the traffic? We are moving from Texas and we don't really have bad driving conditions If it gets to 25 F and the roads are little icy University and stores around are shutting down because in Texas nobody knows how to drive in these conditions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo