Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:29 PM

9 posts, read 13,824 times

Advertisements

By Coney Island yes I meant one of those mom and pop joints that focuses on Americana food. Many of these places are often owned by people of middle eastern decent now days and as a result have some other more "exotic" options as well. As I said before we actually really Love Moodys Coney Island over in Northwood for their Omelets. They have one called the Trash can which for around $8 or $9 feeds my wife and myself with enough left overs that either both of us or at least 1 of us to get lunch out of it. Great price and a great omellete with everything you could want tossed in. They also have a killer greek omelet which is Gyro meat and feta cheese!

Never heard of Magee Marsh or Turtle Creek. Where are they located? We would love to go.

Edit -NM on Magee Marsh, found directions there and I actually think we have walked there before. Cant seem to easily find Turtle Creek listed online though so directions/location is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 01:40 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,973,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI Magus View Post
By Coney Island yes I meant one of those mom and pop joints that focuses on Americana food. Many of these places are often owned by people of middle eastern decent now days and as a result have some other more "exotic" options as well. As I said before we actually really Love Moodys Coney Island over in Northwood for their Omelets. They have one called the Trash can which for around $8 or $9 feeds my wife and myself with enough left overs that either both of us or at least 1 of us to get lunch out of it. Great price and a great omellete with everything you could want tossed in. They also have a killer greek omelet which is Gyro meat and feta cheese!

Never heard of Magee Marsh or Turtle Creek. Where are they located? We would love to go.

Edit -NM on Magee Marsh, found directions there and I actually think we have walked there before. Cant seem to easily find Turtle Creek listed online though so directions/location is appreciated.
Hmmm, I guess they are basically the same thing. I did not realize they were connected until I looked on google maps. Turtle Creek Bay is what I was thinking of, it looks like it's officially part of the Magee Marsh Wildlife Area.

Aladdins is definitely not serving American food. I'm no guru on authentic middle eastern food, though, so it quite possibly could be americanized middle eastern food though. I usually get a falafel or beef tip wrap. But it's not a place that is serving eggs or mashed potatoes.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 AM

16 posts, read 33,725 times
i used to love the beirut. after having been to the most amazing lebanese restaurant in l.a., and living with a lebanese man for 3 years however, i find it a bit lacking. it's probably still very good if you haven't been spoiled by home-cooked lebanese food though.

i will say this though - jing chuan is REALLY good. it holds its own against the top places in the l.a. area (maybe not quite as good as that french-chinese fusion place, but still pretty good). i even brought a friend of mine there from new york, and he thought it was the best he'd ever had.

there really isn't too much as far as i can remember in the way of exotic food (aside from tons of lebanese restaurants... i even saw a mexican/lebanese place once) in toledo. there's some ok sushi - nothing special though.

as for korean restaurants/markets, i just googled these - KOREANA HOMEPAGE ;
Kim's Oriental Market Ltd 2527 West Laskey Road, Toledo, OH 43613-3249

Old 07-17-2011, 03:43 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
A couple years ago, we went on the Willis B Boyer/Colonel James Schoonmaker and that was pretty interesting. It doesn't have tours right now, but it will in mid August. Here's a link to more about it:

James M. Shoonmaker / Willis B. Boyer Museum Ship

Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Try Grand Rapids - the one just beyond Waterville. They preserved the town in it's original splendor - a throw back from another era. When you are there they have a place where you can rent canoes and take off down stream. Pack a picnic lunch and you're on your way.

They also have a terrific "Apple Butter Festival' there on a weekend in October I believe. In fact, a lot of Toledo's festivals are right along the corner. The Greek festival has a great show of people. Someone mentioned a the botanical gardens, you might also want to check out 'The Arboritum.' That's how it's listed in the phone book.

If you want a throw back to a different experience, there is still a drive in movie theater out in Oregon, Ohio.

Here are some idea from the Metroparks of Toledo and the activities. Metroparks of Toledo Area

There is also horseback riding places around Metroparks of Toledo Area

If you want to jaunt over to Ohio's little Key West by going to Put-In-Bay or for a day on the weekend and you can also go to the region's winery and wine tasting and caverns with stalagmites. They have hotels and campgrounds. here are your options of getting there Putinbay Aunt Janes Guest House More Directions | Put in Bay Ohio House Rental

You have the Toledo Symphony concerts at the Art Museum and prior to the performance people can electively sit in a 15 minute or so explanation of the music and how it relates to a story and the music.

Book signings take place all the time with a presentation by the author at first. Open your Thursday night and the Sunday newspapers and look for entertainment sections and they will list a great many things.

I'm not sure if they still hold Party-In-the-park downtown on Friday nights, but they used to be fun. It cost nothing to go (except your beer and food they serve) and there are either groups of conversations or a band. Lots of people to mingle with and do things with after it ended.

These are just a few things I can rattle off for now. I'm sure I can think of more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo