Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM

286 posts, read 1,587,172 times

Advertisements

But I think Arbors of Bowling Green is the name? They are townhouse and allow dogs. It was a place we would consider if we moved to the area because we also have dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 04:57 PM

6 posts, read 26,316 times
Default Thanks for the info

Thank you for responding so quickly. I accidently posted my question twice, so sorry about that. I will look through the newspaper link and try the Arbors. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:16 AM

217 posts, read 845,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
HEY FRIENDS I WAS CURRENTLY INTERESTED IN INFORMATION BASED ON BOWLING GREEN UINVERSITY IN OHIO...CAN YOU FOLKS TELL ME EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BOWLING GREEN....MY GIRLFRIEND IS INTERESTED IN ENROLLING THERE PEOPLE, CLIMATE, LANDSCAPE, JOBS, POLLUTION, RUDE/polite etc. THNAKS SO MUCH GUYS I REALLY APRRECIATE IT

People: There's a pretty diverse group of people, from what I could tell. Then again, my major was in art, so, perhaps it's a little different in other areas? But I used to dress pretty goth by most people's standards (a good way to weed out the ppl not to bother with though), and people were very accepting of it.

Climate: Have more than one fan if you live in the dorms. At least when I was there, only one had AC (Offenhaur, I think?). And the first few weeks of school will be HOT. After that, it'll be neutral, until you hit November, and then it'll start getting very cold. If it happens to be a snowy winter, I hope you'll live close to your classes, because it's the biggest deterent to walking to class or freezing at the shuttle stop (which are heated, but people take down the plastic things that are supposed to keep the heat in, so it doesn't really help) .

Landscape: Flat.

Jobs: I never tried to find a job in BG because I'd go back to Maumee and work on the weekends (eventually I decided it wasn't worth the gas and took an educational leave in my last year). But when my boyfriend tried to find a job in BG after graduation, he ended up having to look in Perrysburg. He found one right away. So, my suggestion would be, if you have a car, look in Perrysburg. I've always worked in Maumee and they seem to have a lot as well, but then you have to factor the 20ish minute commute--Perrysburg's probably a little more doable.

Pollution: seems to be a nonissue.

Rude/Polite: Going back to the first one, people seem to be pretty nice, tolerant, etc. I didn't encounter too many honestly rude people. Actually, last year I helped out at the BG Meijer and people were noticeably nicer than I was used to in Maumee.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:33 PM

9 posts, read 44,518 times
Bowling Green is an awesome little town & the university is a great institution of learning and well it's just fun it really grows on you. I am originally from Texas and am now residing in Colorado and I personally feel that Ohio is more beautiful, has friendlier people and if you have kids, they appear to have better schools. I am more familiar with bowling green, having lived there for 4 yrs. This is the kind of place where people hold the door open for you and smile and say hello, regardless of whether you know them or not!

I graduated from BGSU MAY 2007 with a Finance Degree and their college of business is up there, I know that I received a great education from BGSU. The town itself is run by the students, without the students there is simply nothing. There are lots of places to eat at (Myles & Campus Pollyeyes are great). The downtown bar scene is really one of a kind, there aren't that many places where you will find 15 or so bars downtown all within walking distance from your home. Toledo is 30 mins. away - the michigan border line is 1hr away and the Detroit Airport is 1 hr 15 mins away oh and CANADA is 1hr 45 mins away. There is really so much to do all within a 2 hr or less drive.

The winters are by far the coldest i've ever experienced, there is snow but it isn't that bad, except for this past yr where the university actually canceled classes, something they hadn't done in like 28 yrs!

BG is a place you wont forget, i know we wont! So, to sum it up, people are cool, partying is awesome, the town is great, Enough to do in BG, if all else fails there's always levis commons in perrysburgh or TOLEDO. Oh, and rent isn't that bad - we rented a 2 bdrm HOUSE for 460/mo. I'm not too sure on which apartments allow pets but I believe the enclave might (if you live at the enclave, beware of the pigs!).

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM

The arbors of bowling green: I was at some point going to live here but they don't take students. From what I hear the rent is not bad at all, you're right behind Walmart - but I also heard that the area has a bad reputation due to the low income families that live there. So beware, if all else fails, rent a house from John Newlove -"the dinosaur" he pretty much owns everything in BG.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:39 PM

Ps. The clazel is still open, it plays movies every once in a while. If you're not of age for the bars, the house parties are even better & FREE BEER! GO FALCONS!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM

357 posts, read 891,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedebede View Post
BGSU is more of an undergrad school than a grad school and best known for a teaching school.

BGSU is in the MidAmerican Conference with Toledo, Ohio U, Miami (Ohio), Akron, Kent State, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Ball State and Northern Illinois. The colors are ugly--orange and brown.
Just a few notes on this one... Undergraduate school, it is, but the accolades of Bowling Green are not limited to Education. The school is one of the top ten Supply Chain Management schools in the country, and SCM is the hottest major on the market for business right now. The school has received increased visibility from its b-school rankings, and continues to build on its reputation.

Personal pet peeve: The school is Miami University, not "Miami (Ohio)." Especially when talking about the MAC, there is no way that Miami University would be confused with the U. Miami was a University when Florida belonged to Spain.

Bowling Green's colors (orange and brown) were Paul Brown's inspiration for the uniforms of his Cleveland Browns. I, like Mr. Brown, think the colors are excellent!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Bowling Green is essentially just a college with a small town around it. I went to the university for one year (as an older student lol) and have regretted it....I found the instructors to be rude and they all tend to treat their students like children.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbomb View Post
It really depends on what you like, in order to tell if you'd like it there (I lived there for three years, and hated every second of it). Like lots of drinking? Lame meat-market bars? Frat-boy aesthetics? Apathetic students? A town with nothing to do except go to bars or a coffee shop? Then you'll love it there!

Coming from California would probably be even worse; I had just moved here from a slightly-less-awful city.

Oh, and you can definitely NOT rent anything in nearby Tontogany. The place has like 30 houses, total.
"Oh, and you can definitely NOT rent anything in nearby Tontogany. The place has like 30 houses, total. "

OK, I'm a college kid or anything anymore but I grew up in Togany, went to BGSU and now live on the edge of BG. There are places in Togany to rent, some nice apts and I know that my church right at the moment has a very nice 3-bedroom house to rent for $650.00 a month. At any rate, utilities are inexpensive and since I'm the postmaster there, I can tell you that your PO Box is free!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,867 times
By the way, the Cla-Zel - the coolest theatre ever, Rocky Horror every weekend - did close. They opened up a party bar there and still show mute movies on the screen while open. Dance floor and balconies. Classy, clean, fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo