Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 AM

6 posts, read 28,816 times

Advertisements

try the Quarry in Monclova township(south toledo) lots of 1mill+ homes,great schools and River road in Maumee beautiful older estates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 02:00 AM

123 posts, read 560,620 times
There are many rural areas around Toledo that you could move into as well. If I had that much to spend, I would much rather get some land and build my dream home than live in a subdivision with little privacy and small lots. I would buy at least 10 acres and build a modest home, with some nice amenities, invest some and use the rest to travel out of the Toledo area as much as possible.

Rural Swanton or Sylvania are very nice places, perfect for that wooded property and long driveway to your home. You could build one heck of an estate on 10 acres with $700K. You could have a pond, 4,000 sq ft plus home, and a nice pole barn for horses--or to store the toys, depending on what you're into.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM

47 posts, read 184,316 times
Perrysburg is nice. Maumee is nice also.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 PM

23 posts, read 121,689 times
Definitely Ottawa Hills....it's population is less than 6000 or 5000, can't remember which, and they KEEP IT THAT WAY, so they can remain a village! They do not, nor will they ever annex to Toledo! Surrounded by hi crime areas? I don't know what that poster is talking about....Old Orchard area is the neigbor to Ottawa Hills, and that is a great place! 700K will buy you a magnificent, old, detailed, charming, home in the estate section of Ottawa Hills. The schools are top notch (NO BUS SYSTEM). I think the senior class numbers around 60 in any given year. For many years, Ottawa Hills Schools were in the top 5 of the entire state. I think they still are. They have their own independent police department. They charge a higher tax. Toledo is 2 1/4 %, and OH is 2 1/2 %, so if you work outside of the village, you always owe Ottawa hills tax at the end of the year.
I absolutely loathe the "suburb" areas such as Sylvania and Perrysburg. They are completely out of control with building and overcrowding. Schools are tremendously overcrowded because of growth.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 AM

4 posts, read 13,983 times
Smile Moving to Ohio?

Hi there!

I am fairly new to Ohio myself. There are some beautiful places to live here! I think you get more for your money here.
I came from Austin, Texas. I still own a home there. I also lived in Hawaii and New Mexico. Are you looking
for city or country life? My finance currently is selling an Executive
Home in the country on 18 acres. It is approximately 7,000 s.q. ft.
with a second home/barn/stable included. This price was just reduced
to $499,000. It is a steal. I would be glad to send photos.
It is between Columbus and Cleveland 5 minutes off of 71.

I work for an elite swimming pool company. I have been to many neighborhoods. We do High-End commercial and residential Pools.
It is called High-Tech Pools, Inc. We are in Cleveland.

I would be glad to help you. Have you sold your house yet?

Dacia in Ohio

Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM

313 posts, read 1,195,225 times
Coming from Metro Detroit- which can't be a hint of as bad as Boston for real estate prices-- we were really pleased with the housing dollar in Ohio. We found multiple homes in the Findlay area that we're on the higher end of the spectrum. Homes that we thought would be $700 to $800 were more like $500 to $600. We were pleasantly surprised! Findlay is 45 minutes south of Toledo, a straight shot on I-75. The people of Ohio have been REALLY very nice. They are making it very hard for me to not want to move to OH!

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 PM

18 posts, read 61,081 times
Definitely Perrysburg, Sylvania, or Ottawa Hills are! They are a wealthier communities...you'll be sure to fins something there!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 11,176 times
Ottawa Hills for teh biggest selection of large classic homes.

For water front living try Rossford's Eagle Point or Perrysburg's East River Road Estate District. Similar beautiful old homes with a mix of "newer homes" can be found in South Toledo and Maumee along the River Road Estate section. This scenic drive along the river features classic executive homes and several stunning mansions on large estate sized lots. Toledo's most prestigious country club the Toledo Country Club is in this area which is one of Northwest Ohio's most beutiful areas. It is where members of the powerful Block family , such as Paul and William, made there home. It is also close to the historic "downtowns" of Maumee and Perrysburg and the new malls of Fallen Timers and Levis Commons. Best of all it is a 5 to 15 minute drive or a quick boat ride to the Toledo Zoo, Imagination Station, The Docks, Toledo Art Museum, FIfth Third Field, the stunning brand new Lucas County Arena.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,125 times
Ottawa Hills and Sylvania.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie12 View Post
try the Quarry in Monclova township(south toledo) lots of 1mill+ homes,great schools and River road in Maumee beautiful older estates
I was thinking the Quarry as well. Ottawa Hills homes are older and may be dated inside. The Quarry is a newer neighborhood and the homes are just beautiful inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo