Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,858 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me fine an indoor tennis facility around the Perrysburg / Toledo, OH area that is reasonable, I stay down the street from new tennis center in Perrysburg; but its too expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:31 AM

313 posts, read 1,194,826 times
Is there a YMCA with indoor courts?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,761,744 times
Try Laurel Hill Swim and Tennis Club in Toledo and Shadow Valley Tennis Club in Maumee...don't know what their rates are, but they both have indoor tennis.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 PM

13 posts, read 37,209 times
Kenya,

Other than Laurel Hill and Shadow Valley Tennis club, there is one new club that opened earlier this year in Perrysburg on Route 25 south of Levis Commons called Perrysburg Tennis Center (www.perrysburgtenniscenter.com).The website of Laurel is www.laurelhillclub.com and for shadow valley it is shadowvalleyclub.com. Shadow Valley also owns another club called Synergy but it would be farther away than the main club from you in Perrysburg. Belmont Country club also has indoor courts that are cheap for guests (cheapest of all by far) but it is a country club and moderately expensive to be a member of. Belmont is on the edge of Perrysburg (technically Rossford Twp I believe) but less than 5 minutes from downtown Perrysburg.

As far as which is best for you depends on what you are looking for and your tennis level. Perrysburg has very slow indoor courts and not many advanced players (which I define as rated 4.5 or above). Laurel Hill generally has the most advanced players and faster courts but also plenty below. Shadow valley is in the middle but has the best local tennis shop for racquets and gear. I would go try all three and see what is the best fit for you. I play the most at Laurel and Belmont.

If you would like more detailed info just ask. As far as outdoor tennis, there are quite a few more choices I can go into if you want.

Best of luck in your decision.

Mike

Old 03-21-2014, 04:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,263 times
Default More info, please

Mike--thanks for your info-it was helpful. I'm interested in any information you may have on programs run by the city parks? Doesn't Jermaine Park have courts? Do they run a program? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo