U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 03:34 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,775,413 times

Advertisements

My buddy and I are thinking of catching the Toledo/Arizona game Sept 3 and were wondering if there's some decent bars in the area? Pretty safe?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 06:48 PM

1,960 posts, read 2,075,054 times
Jax's and Jed's on Dorr St. are about a 10 minute walk from the stadium and are fairly popular. Other than those, most of the other good bars are about a 10 minute drive downtown.

GO ROCKETS!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,288 times
I would recommend either Jax, Jakes, or Jeds.. All J names, so it's kinda confusing...

Jax and Jed's are literally right beside each other on Dorr street. Jake's is also on Dorr street. They are all within walking distance of campus. Out of all of them I definitely recommend Jakes.. it's more of a 'guy bar,' and a favorite of most of the older students... probably because you have to be 21 to get in. But has the best atmosphere by far.

Out of the other 2 I recommend Jed's. It has drink and food specials every night I believe. And it's also the only bar by campus that serves food.. so if you want to eat at the bar go there. Jed's can get pretty crowded some nights.. and if it is you can forget about getting served fast.

Jax is okay on some nights. Most of the time it is dead.. but if you go after a game you'll probably be ok. Definitely not the first place you should go.

Your other options that are close to campus are Omni and Chasers, which are both more of club settings than bars. Chasers is directly across from Jed's and Jax. They usually have a cover as well. Omni is on the corner of Bancroft and Westwood Ave. I've only been there once and it was not anything special.

As for walking... any of them are safe to walk to from campus if it's just you two.. except probably Omni. Omni would be ok walking in a larger group.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM

154 posts, read 563,881 times
I haven't been to Chasers in a long time. It was OK when I went. But, I can't say how it is now. I've recently heard radio ads where they are paying women to come in!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,775,413 times
Hey thx for the suggestions. Is downtown worth checking out?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 AM

154 posts, read 563,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Hey thx for the suggestions. Is downtown worth checking out?
Sure. There's a new bar opening this weekend at the Docks (East Toledo) called Metropolis. There's also the Blarney, Avalon, and others that I can't think of right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo