Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM

3,750 posts, read 4,926,446 times

Advertisements

I've always thought Toronto had a more appealing climate. Yeah, the winters are cold, but the other 7-9 months of the year are very pleasant and mild for the most part. I like snow anyway. The rainfall is distributed better too, coming more in spurts rather than the constant dampness one gets in Vancouver, and the summers are wetter and lusher than Vancouver not to mention more reliably warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:54 AM

71 posts, read 347,659 times
I don't know what Vancouver weather is like (not fond of rainy climates), but you are too kind with Toronto weather. It is closer to 6 months of unpleasant weather (around Nov to end of April), and 6 months of fragile, semi-pleasant weather with constantly interrupted sunshine.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:24 AM

3,847 posts, read 5,245,723 times
Definitely Vancouver weather for me. I prefer almost everything else about Toronto as a city to Vancouver, but weather is definitely not one of those things.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:03 PM

3,750 posts, read 4,926,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Definitely Vancouver weather for me. I prefer almost everything else about Toronto as a city to Vancouver, but weather is definitely not one of those things.
Have you lived in the Pacific Northwest at all? I've lived here nearly a decade and a half (in Oregon, not BC, but it's the same climate almost) and while I tolerate it better than most people, I don't think people really understand how dismal it can be. It's not super cold, but it's just as lacking of warm weather as Ontario and Minnesota, not to mention much gloomier. By warm meaning 16C or warmer.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:39 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,709,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Have you lived in the Pacific Northwest at all? I've lived here nearly a decade and a half (in Oregon, not BC, but it's the same climate almost) and while I tolerate it better than most people, I don't think people really understand how dismal it can be. It's not super cold, but it's just as lacking of warm weather as Ontario and Minnesota, not to mention much gloomier. By warm meaning 16C or warmer.
Yeah i think even though winter really sucks in Toronto and much of the N.E and midwest of the U.S - i prefer the hotter summers in Toronto on the whole..

Compromise, - Vancouver from November to March - Toronto April to October

Old 05-23-2015, 09:48 AM

800 posts, read 723,974 times
Toronto has good summers. some days I can actually walk around in a t-shirt. lol

Old 05-23-2015, 02:47 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,011 posts, read 53,149,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Have you lived in Toronto at all? Toronto gets 2066 hours of sunshine annually.

Toronto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vancouver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vancouver somewhat less, however sunshine is more concentrated in the summer when days are long due to high latitude. But Portland and Seattle are a bit sunnier than Vancouver. [Not using US station links as their measurement method is different]. Either way, much gloomier is a stretch. Toronto is more similar to the Pacific Northwest sunshine-wise than it is to Minnesota. Much of the Great Lakes region isn't that sunny. While it's cloudier in the winter, you can actually see some things growing in the Pacific Northwest. In Toronto, or similar climates in the region, it's bare and dead looking for many months on end.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:04 PM

164 posts, read 373,702 times
Don't kid yourself, Vancouver weather is much better. The winters in Toronto suck and don't make up for the nice summers.

Way too much road salt is applied to the GTA roads in the winter and the roads are completely uneven (full of potholes). Not to mention that a small snow storm brings the GTA to it's knees.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:55 AM

15,109 posts, read 15,709,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pignchick View Post
Not to mention that a small snow storm brings the GTA to it's knees.
?? How'

Are you mixing up the GTA with Atlanta here lol...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/29/us/atl...ffic-hell-why/

Old 05-24-2015, 03:16 AM

11,233 posts, read 16,341,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
?? How

TO-IT'S-KNEES......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUds1pWKMjs

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto