U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:03 AM

2,607 posts, read 1,439,330 times

Advertisements

Wonderland (Vaughan)
Wayne Gretzky's( Downtown)
St Lawrence Market
Niagara Escarpment (Hamilton)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 11:01 AM

892 posts, read 2,298,212 times
We're leaving in a few hours, I'm so excited! Just wanted to stop back by this thread to leave this useful nugget of information in case people happen upon it in the future...

City Sightseeing Toronto - Locally operated. Globally Connected

...this tour is even better than the one recommended above. It has the same London style double-decker buses and goes all over the city seeing similar locations, but it's cheaper, the tickets last seven days instead of three, and they even include a free boat cruise around the islands with the ticket!

Old 07-31-2010, 02:57 PM

427 posts, read 658,737 times
Default Please check back

Let us know how you liked Toronto, or what you didn't like. Tell us how your vacation went.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 AM

1,560 posts, read 2,090,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Beanie View Post
Let us know how you liked Toronto, or what you didn't like. Tell us how your vacation went.
I agree. I am wanting to visit sometime in the Spring. I'd love to hear your opinion on likes and dislikes, khyron.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
It was amazing, we can't wait to return, and we will...

We went on a road trip to the beach down here immediately afterward, are preparing for the academic year to start next week, and have some more travels coming up...so we're crazy busy right now. However I do plan to blog our experiences around the city (which far exceeded even our lofty expectations) as soon as I can and when I do I'll link or paste them here. We managed to have an incredibly dense weekend up there, and saw SO much. There's been a lot to process.

In the meantime, please feel free to enjoy four hundred or so photographs! In particular, I made the panoramic shots taken from the harbor Creative Commons, so feel free to snatch those in full resolution and reuse them any way you like.

(click here to view a slideshow (http://www.flickr.com/photos/zentraedi/4866130601/in/set-72157624667578460/lightbox/ - broken link))
(click here to navigate the set (http://www.flickr.com/photos/zentraedi/sets/72157624667578460/ - broken link))

Old 08-20-2010, 02:24 PM

1,655 posts, read 5,626,568 times
Wow great shots, glad you enjoyed your trip.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:28 PM

1,560 posts, read 2,090,170 times
Wow, your photos are awesome!! Toronto looks like such a beautiful city. I cannot wait until I visit!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM

23 posts, read 34,882 times
Don't forget to go to THE EX

Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 AM

427 posts, read 658,737 times
Default Terrific Pictures

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you had great weather; and you DID get around, I see. Thanks so much for posting, I'm looking forward to your weekend in review, though.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Default coming back for another visit, more ideas?

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you had great weather; and you DID get around, I see. Thanks so much for posting, I'm looking forward to your weekend in review, though.
Hey everyone! I realize I'm several months late with my "report" but chalk it up to finishing college. I graduated last week, and sure enough we're about to drive back up for another visit now! Before I get into all that though, here's a quick summary of most of what we managed to fit into our first visit to Toronto last year:

- stayed in the Super 8 in Chinatown (comfy/cheap/awesome)
- left the car in the garage all weekend, walked and rode TTC
- coffee at Dark Horse Espresso by the hotel
- walked around Chinatown, saw the College of Art & Design building
- walked by the Art Galery of Ontario (didn't have time to go in)
- took a tour bus, saw Casa Loma and many tourist sights
- took a boat ride around all the islands in the harbor
- walked all over downtown, harbourfront, distillery district
- walked around Cabbagetown, looked at pretty homes
- rode TTC way out on Queen Street, walked up and down Beaches Park
- ate lots of dim sum in Chinatown
- had an absolutely amazing dinner at Mill Street Brewery
- wandered through stores (from malls to tourist stuff to groceries)
- walked up and down Queen Street West exploring all kinds of places
- stopped by several Tim Horton's for donut and coffee fixes

I think we managed to see a pretty amazing portion of the city and get a pretty good overall "feel" for Toronto even in just that weekend. Then, a few months later, I had the good fortune of attending the Reel Asian Film Festival as part of a college internship! So I came back up, sure enough stayed at the Super 8 again and this time I got to show a coworker around the town in between all the screenings and events we attended.

NOW next week, my wife and I are going to be coming up again. Sadly this will be our last visit for a little while because we've recently found out we'll be moving to the Pacific Northwest for two years while she completes a fellowship there (staying in Portland, OR which is our favorite American city, bonus!). So before we head out west (and, of course, start visiting Vancouver too) can you help me decided what we should try to fit in to this new trip? We will be in town from the 16th to the 19th, and so far I've come up with...

- do the CN Tower, walk the glass floor, marvel at EdgeWalk (under construction)
- eat something at St. Lawrence Market, maybe back bacon sandwiches
- have dinner and beers at C'est What
- see Sleigh Bells and CSS play at Sound Academy (got tickets!)
- definitely take a walk on the beaches again
- shop/browse/explore Eaton Centre
- see a movie at Bloor Cinema (are there other awesome movie theaters?)
- wander around the U of T campus (grad school ambitions...)
- actually visit the Art Gallery of Ontario instead of just walking by
- see the inside of the big train station downtown
- perhaps drive up to Canada's Wonderland for a day

...these are just some ideas, I'd absolutely LOVE to field suggestions from you folks again. All your input was so helpful the first time around! Thank you sincerely from an adventurous and envious southern neighbor. Toronto might just be my favorite city anywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto