Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 PM

10 posts, read 51,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
When I'm walking around the streets of Toronto do you know what I see? I see all kinds of women walking hand in hand with their boyfriends smiling and laughing and enjoying themselves. All these guys with these girls seemed to be able to land these cold, gold digging "reserved and flaky" Toronto women, so it seems to me that the OP and others who agree with him just don't know how to talk to women. Or maybe they're always going for women who are way out of their league?
A man can get a Toronto woman. However to do so, the number of tests you have to pass involve financial success (or potential) and where you meet them (passing a social test). I just feel that Toronto women are generally very judgmental financially and it doesn't matter what a woman looks like. And those men you do see with women, are either well off financially, potentially well off or have played a large numbers' game. As for women out of one's league, I find that most women in Toronto feel that men are out of their league. Its an attitude. A man can ignore it, but it is there. And I also see a lot of single men and women out there.

The weather and ones attitude are other factors.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:54 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,164,327 times
They're just politically rude!

Old 06-24-2011, 02:39 AM

4 posts, read 40,422 times
Quote:
When I'm walking around the streets of Toronto do you know what I see? I see all kinds of women walking hand in hand with their boyfriends smiling and laughing and enjoying themselves. All these guys with these girls seemed to be able to land these cold, gold digging "reserved and flaky" Toronto women, so it seems to me that the OP and others who agree with him just don't know how to talk to women. Or maybe they're always going for women who are way out of their league?
Bang-on Atticman! I've gone through pretty much all the posts in this thread.. Though there may definitely be truth in some of the posts, however, most of it just doesn't sound right to me. C'mon fellaz! its not rocket-science to chat up Toronto women..

I'll be honest, I came to Toronto from Pakistan abt 5yrs ago, finished my studies at U of T downtown (yes I agree with the fact that U of T girls can be snobbish but still..) and now am working. Its 'not' impossible to find that special someone. I've had flings (even instant sex encounters or watever ya'll may wanna call it) and now happily in a relationship with a girl of European ancestry.. Even when in my single-phases (whether I didnt have time to be chasing girls or just didnt care) there was enough 'stare-sharing' walking down Yonge St or further downtown around Front or Richmond..

I'm not trying to browbeat anyone here who is having genuine problems dating or anything here.. Just my two cents:

If you're not having any luck with the clubbing scene or your university or whatever you've been working on thus far, DROP IT.. you are perpetuating your failure by trying to meet up women where they have their guard on the MOST.. You should aim for events, areas, where women are not constantly hounded by fear of being hit on every minute by one or the other loser acting like some gangsta shyt out of Scarface! Women are more receptive when they're in a relaxed setting, they let their guard down & are more willing to engage in conversation.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 PM

56 posts, read 158,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystz View Post
If you're not having any luck with the clubbing scene or your university or whatever you've been working on thus far, DROP IT..
Well put Mystz! And kudos to qwerbilzak for not relying on popular myth.

I've found this thread mildly amusing, but seriously inaccurate. Whoever suggested (and I'm paraphrasing here) "it must be true because people are saying it in sufficient numbers", if you reread the thread I think you'll find there's actually only a small number of disgruntled posters carrying on the conversation (surely you're not suggesting this thread and a random Google link represents the opinion of the majority of people?!). While I sympathize with their point of view, their gross generalizations are unfair to the many, many good men and women of Toronto.

Having lived in Toronto now for a couple of years, I find Torontonians to be very friendly but I do recognize that friendliness is highly subjective. I find the dating scene is comparable to other large cities around the world (NYC, London, DC, etc.) and have never felt that meeting interesting men in Toronto is any more or less challenging than anywhere else.

Returning to the OP's original post:

"I'm decently attractive, social, well spoken, well dressed, and attend school here..."

This is half your problem. Even if you really are all that, the fact you think it probably comes off in your approach and in my opinion that's a major turn off for most women. Modesty will get you much further.

[Disclaimer: before anyone reads any of my other threads and calls me out on it, I am leaving Toronto and Canada but my relocation has absolutely nothing to do with the dating scene or general vibe in Toronto, which I think is pretty damn good for the most part].

Old 06-26-2011, 04:05 PM

126 posts, read 555,527 times
Toronto women are probably among the hardest in the world to meet, especially for newcomers with no connections. They are cold and extremely standoffish. And a large number of average looking women expect to date only good-looking men. Many seem to openly look down on men they don't know.

This is not just my opinion, or just the opinion of the people who have posted similar things in this thread. Take a look at some of the websites I found:

NOW Magazine // Life & Style // Love & Sex // Toronto the cold
any Toronto DJ in 30s ? [Archive] - Don Juan Discussion Forum
Toronto... #4 in the WORLD... more details inside... - Tranceaddict Forums - Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
Toronto: Polite and Unfriendly? [Archive] - SkyscraperCity
Are Toronto people stuck up? - TRIBE - tribe.ca
Toronto women are stuck up - MeetmeinTO.com (http://www.meetmeinto.com/thread_content.asp?display=all&threadId=11929418&f orumName=srforum - broken link)
Toronto Girls and Eye Contact [Archive] - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Moving to Toronto
Y? Forum - Toronto women: Cold as ice!
Where to meet intelligent women in Toronto? [Archive] - Style Forum
Women in Ontario, Canada (long post) : Happier Abroad
Jedi Council Forums - Why do Torontonian women have such a stuck up attitude? (http://boards.theforce.net/canada_general/b10039/13713320/p1/ - broken link)

Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,031,513 times
Wow what a turn-off this thread is.

How are the ethnic girls there especially the Latin/Brazilian population? Are there any good latin clubs with reggaeton/salsa/latin jazz music? Any Peruvian or Colombian women? They're my favorites.

What about the art scene? I'm not talking about wealthy people going to art shows but the underground art scene / fringe scene - how's that like? I was sorta hoping it was in line with Brooklyn, Miami and Minneapolis?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,225,671 times
^ Toronto has all that in spades.
Don't listen to all the negative nonsense spewed by disgruntled dudes who can't pick-up.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM

71 posts, read 347,725 times
Quote:
Don't listen to all the negative nonsense spewed by disgruntled dudes who can't pick-up.
Agreed don't listen to all the whining. The posts that "Leaving on a Jet Plane" linked to, spanning across a decade between countless unrelated posters, have no merit whatsoever.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 PM

716 posts, read 1,230,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbound81 View Post
GTAgirl, you don't need to tell me. I am from the U.S. and have spent plenty of time in the south. And have met people from Texas. In general I find southern women to be the worst.

I think in general despite being highly educated and white-collar I like the blue-collar, smaller city mentality as I can't stand the snobbishness. You find the same kind of attitude in any large, expensive city like NYC, D.C., Los Angeles, Toronto. I think you should get out of Toronto a little, check out the smaller cities nearby like Hamilton, Buffalo, see if you feel a different vibe.
Just wondering what about the girls from the south makes them the worst?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:14 PM

701 posts, read 1,029,190 times
Quote:
Perfectly said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.