Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 AM

2 posts, read 7,288 times

Advertisements

Probably has something to do with having to sort of build up a protective shell around you in a city. I would also say that probably some of those women you are seeing as not wanting to be approached or as stand-offish are simply shy and self-conscious.

Is the spelling of "flaky" annoying anyone else here? I guess that is the American way of spelling it? I prefer *flakey*

Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 AM

746 posts, read 1,677,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving on a Jet Plane View Post
That is why I always say that Toronto is an especially bad place to move to if you're a single guy.

But I think the worst thing about Toronto women (especially downtown) is how, in public spaces, they so near uniformly convey a sense of not wanting to be approached. Repeated on a daily basis, this inevitably disciplines most men. Thus men in Toronto are the least aggressive men I've seen anywhere.
I'm not really sure what it is, like what makes the women so different. Culturally, Can/USA are practically the same. We all watch the same movies, same TV shows, listen to the same music.
So I wonder what makes a lot of the girls up here so standoffish and reserved. Is it the environment around them?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 AM

228 posts, read 696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post
I'm not really sure what it is, like what makes the women so different. Culturally, Can/USA are practically the same. We all watch the same movies, same TV shows, listen to the same music.
So I wonder what makes a lot of the girls up here so standoffish and reserved. Is it the environment around them?

It's the men. Douchey men breed standoffish women.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 AM

1,654 posts, read 5,855,640 times
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM

71 posts, read 348,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post

Toronto women are slimy, narcissistic, conceited characters. Who knows why. They go after 20% of the guys who happen to mostly be d-bags then cry and whine about it. If you don't meet the characteristics of the top 20% of men you are pretty much treated like garbage, or more often indifferently or subtly ostracized for most of your life. The funny thing is that I have gotten more genuine signals and/or attention in one week in a U.S. or European city than in years in Toronto. I cannot remember having one genuine conversation with a female peer in this city in the past decade.

Great thing is when they are 30-something, the music starts fading, and the 20% of the guys that 80% of them were chasing end up being taken or moving onto newer/younger women. They realize they were mistaken in thinking they were going to be rockstars and scenesters forever. Then through friends and family they turn to guys like me that got no attention in our prime (I'm 35). I won't even consider anyone past their late 20s.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizer101 View Post
Toronto women are slimy, narcissistic, conceited characters. Who knows why. They go after 20% of the guys who happen to mostly be d-bags then cry and whine about it. If you don't meet the characteristics of the top 20% of men you are pretty much treated like garbage, or more often indifferently or subtly ostracized for most of your life. The funny thing is that I have gotten more genuine signals and/or attention in one week in a U.S. or European city than in years in Toronto. I cannot remember having one genuine conversation with a female peer in this city in the past decade.

Great thing is when they are 30-something, the music starts fading, and the 20% of the guys that 80% of them were chasing end up being taken or moving onto newer/younger women. They realize they were mistaken in thinking they were going to be rockstars and scenesters forever. Then through friends and family they turn to guys like me that got no attention in our prime (I'm 35). I won't even consider anyone past their late 20s.
LOL I know! I have had more success in one week down south than I ever had in a city like T.O.
I know exactly what you are talking about. Before I got married, I did notice the former hottie, now easily in her early 30's. Ten years of partying, chasing dumb guys and dead ends has left her beaten down and tired. She now "accepts" the less-than-perfect guy(in her eyes), and even then still hasn't grown up.
The worst part is seeing these women when they're in their forties. Most gals grow out of the idiot club/douchebag stage and get married. Unfortunately some obviously do not.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:57 PM

126 posts, read 557,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaH View Post
[/b]

I think Toronto men are less Douchey than most, if not all. Have you lived elsewhere? And while I'm in Toronto now, I'm not from here and won't be here much longer if I can help it, so it's not like I'm biased in favor of Toronto men. I think that Toronto women are just more intolerant of things that guys all over the world do. So Toronto men become worse than men elsewhere in their eyes.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 PM

147 posts, read 311,970 times
In Toronto everyone is always going to a destination, and are not willing to take time out of their "routine" to help others. It is a city filled with "rat race" minded people always looking for a way to improve their standard of living, if you don't fit that criteria then they will pass. I also noticed that people in Toronto are snobby, but most of the GTA is and I have grown accustomed to it.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
I have to agree, it is hard to meet girls/friends in Toronto, not impossible, but more challenging than other areas of the Country

Old 01-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaH View Post
[/b]

Or is it the standoffish women that turn nice guys into douchebags?

Chicken or the egg syndrome in Toronto, I personally think it's both, and innocents get caught in the crossfire.
People move to Toronto, and the city turns them into douchbags and b*tches in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto