Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 PM

18 posts, read 142,570 times

Advertisements

Rob Ford's ournew mayor.

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 PM

287 posts, read 1,010,151 times
It's a very good thing. Rob Ford is far from perfect, but he was the only viable choice for mayor. Thank God most Torontonians were wise enough not to vote for Slitherman, who really belongs in jail....not City Hall. Pantalone seems like a decent guy and hung on to the end but he's been too closely associated with Miller and didn't have a chance.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 PM

106 posts, read 336,340 times
Well Ford has vowed to get rid of that bogus licencing Tax that we all must pay here in TO! Toronto has spoken and I think the Ontario Liberal's are next to go! Ford was the best of the 3 candidates IMO. The gravy train is coming to an end.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,695 times
Hopefully Ford won't be coaxed into backing down by the likes of the Toronto Star who are now doing all sorts of acrobatics trying to explain Ford's victory as something other than what it was.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:20 AM

287 posts, read 1,010,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Hopefully Ford won't be coaxed into backing down by the likes of the Toronto Star who are now doing all sorts of acrobatics trying to explain Ford's victory as something other than what it was.
I doubt it. The Star, as well as the Globe and Mail, have lost so much credibility for their bias and smear tactics against Ford. Just check out the comments on all their articles pertaining to the election...fortunately most people are seeing through it (thank God for the internet) . The media will still give him a hard time, though. It's definitely going to be an interesting future for Toronto.

Last edited by aggo; 10-26-2010 at 12:34 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 AM

228 posts, read 696,250 times
It's truly a sad day in the city of Toronto. Now you can say goodbye to transit, goodbye to bike lanes, goodbye to plan of revitalizing the waterfront, goodbye to the arts, goodbye to more public spaces, goodbye to social programs, goodbye to park and recs, and hello to more city strikes.

And all this for a lousy $60 that you may not have to pay next time you register your car. Hope it's worth it.

Oh, and that stupid "gravy train" gimmick reminds me of the "Common Sense Revolution" by Mike Harris, and we all know how that turned out!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 AM

661 posts, read 1,250,886 times
Things can't help but look up for TO with Miller gone. Next McGuilty!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:35 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaH View Post
It's truly a sad day in the city of Toronto. Now you can say goodbye to transit, goodbye to bike lanes, goodbye to plan of revitalizing the waterfront, goodbye to the arts, goodbye to more public spaces, goodbye to social programs, goodbye to park and recs, and hello to more city strikes.

And all this for a lousy $60 that you may not have to pay next time you register your car. Hope it's worth it.

Oh, and that stupid "gravy train" gimmick reminds me of the "Common Sense Revolution" by Mike Harris, and we all know how that turned out!
I couldn't agree more. I hope I am wrong but it really looks like many Torontonians succumbed to the "dark side of the force".

My neighbours in Ottawa had a similar flirtation with Larry "Zero Means Zero" O'Brien (not nearly as controversial as Rob Ford though) four years ago that ended up being a both costly and stagnant period in the city's development, and voted him out very soundly last night.

I hope you guys in Toronto end up being luckier with your gamble.

Maybe

Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaH View Post

Err... Transit will still be there. Ford is a proponent of the subway system and wants to extend the services to the east. You Lefties are actually going to get "dedicated bike lanes" and more green space for your pleasure riding! Isn't that great huh?? I don't believe in funding every single little special interest group on the planet so you need to draw the line somewhere. You want to do something of interest, raise the money yourselves! No more free rides!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
...four years ago that ended up being a both costly and stagnant period in the city's development, and voted him out very soundly last night.

Maybe
You mean kinda what's going on in Ontario right now? The only thing costly is Mcguinty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto