U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate the weather of Toronto from your personal experience?
I think the weather's pretty good. Not perfect, but it's good enough. 4 44.44%
I find the weather barely tolerable, but it is tolerable. 4 44.44%
I do not like the weather. It is a pretty big problem for me. 1 11.11%
I extremely dislike the weather so much that I have moved away or am seriously thinking of it. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 11:17 AM

345 posts, read 126,587 times

Advertisements

The thing about Moscow is that apparently it's not very windy there. So that is a bonus for them, as Toronto especially by the lakeshore gets very cold winds in the winter and that is the number one discomfort for me during the winter, a long with the chilly dampness. I think that Mercer rating very biased.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 07:55 AM

215 posts, read 76,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
The thing about Moscow is that apparently it's not very windy there. So that is a bonus for them, as Toronto especially by the lakeshore gets very cold winds in the winter and that is the number one discomfort for me during the winter, a long with the chilly dampness. I think that Mercer rating very biased.
I agree, temperature can only go so far. Other factors such as wind chill, dryness/humidity, specific geographical location really make temperatures useless unless those factors are involved.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:23 PM

345 posts, read 126,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Did a fact check.

I don't think Toronto's weather has changed that much, according to the stats. The March average for 1971-2000 is 1.3C to 4.6C so really March has always been typically above freezing.

Toronto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

December in the late 1900s also typically hovered around the zero mark. I think snow and cold just makes a greater impression upon children.

Average April snow from 1971-2000 was less than 3", so I don't think too much has changed on that front either. Toronto's winter probably just has never been as cold as people remember it to be.
According to this station https://climate.weather.gc.ca/climat...012&dispBack=1 March still averages a little below freezing with highs slightly above and lows well below. December averages below freezing and highs are around the freezing mark.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:10 AM

28 posts, read 14,008 times
Late May - Early July --> A-, mostly sunny, low humidity with lukewarm temperatures, the best time of the year.

Mid July - Mid September --> C+, hot and humid, thunderstorms are frequent, also cloudier than early summer.

Late September - Early November --> B, partly cloudy for most of the time with cool temperatures, but overall it's still comfortable.

Mid November - Mid January --> D+, The worst time of the year, way too gloomy and incredibly cold, snow starts in November but not as terrible as late winter.

Late January - early April --> C-, Not as cold as early winter and also sunnier than Nov-Dec, but heavy snowstorms occur occasionally during this time of the year.

Mid April - Mid May --> B+, Windy conditions are common, transition from late winter to early summer, spring is very short.

Overall grade: B-

Old Today, 10:36 AM

2,108 posts, read 3,182,267 times
The weather in Toronto is straight-up four distinct seasons. Warm summers transitioning into cool Fall by late-October, then cold winter by late-December, transitioning back to cool Spring in late-March and April. By May, it’s warm and the trees are bursting with blooms and by the end of the month, it’s warm-to-hot again.

Snow isn’t so bad south of the 401. Rarely more than a few centimeters at a time, which makes driving a pain, but is more of an inconvenience than anything. A little heavier snow north of the 401 and increasing as you move north towards Georgian Bay.

I think Toronto has pretty great weather. If you despise winter, then don’t move here. Otherwise, it’s not that bad. Compared to most other Canadian cities, it’s pretty decent. Montreal, Winnipeg, Calgary, and the East Coast all have colder or messier winters than Toronto. There’s also tons of recreational activities in the winter, from hunting to skiing (cross-country or downhill), ice fishing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skating, and on and on. People who want to enjoy winter have lots of ways to do so. The biggest hassle for me is driving when we get snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto