U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 06:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,398 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am trying to move into an apartment building near the islington-Bloor area. More preferably 52 mabelle ave, and I would like to know what are the qualifications to actually move in. Its most likely regarded as a privately owned business. As for my self ever since the recession my parents and I had to move out east and would like to move back into the etobicoke area. I am not the primary lease holder but plan on including my income as insurance. My problem is that the current apartment I am at today, my father has consistently failed to pay the rent on time. Will this be a huge factor in a rejection to rent or will they just look into everyones income and call it a day? I really don't want to depend on Toronto community housing as a last resort..

Thanks in advance!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 10:27 AM

30 posts, read 132,726 times
Most places will make you fill out an application, which asks for basic information like your name, where you work, and your income. Most places will also ask for a recent credit check. If you have bad credit score, or no credit score, you may have a hard time finding a place.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:09 PM

My father cancelled his credit card so I think that goes under no recent credit but I plan on using credit card very frequently but I am not the primary source for income. So is it best to just call for an interview after a year of good credit history

Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War173 View Post
My father cancelled his credit card so I think that goes under no recent credit but I plan on using credit card very frequently but I am not the primary source for income. So is it best to just call for an interview after a year of good credit history
Most places are worried about bad credit, not so much about no credit. If you have a steady source of income, they are willing to take a chance.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM

With my parents and I we have a combined income of 3-4k a month so will that be enough if Rents costs 1100 a month?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 PM

It depends on who you are renting from. If its a large apartment building, the property managers will have different rules. If you are renting some guys basement apartment, they may not care as much.
Its also not about how much you make, how long you have been working at one place.

The building you are looking to rent in is managed by Far Investments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto