Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:47 PM

9 posts, read 22,004 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the generalization...but yea I'm a young male college student who recently moved from the states...

I'm decently attractive, social, well spoken, well dressed, and attend school here...

While people here are polite and nice, I feel like when you get deeper most are flacky and hardly any actually want to get to really know you...am I the only that feels like this? the women here also seem really uptight, reserved, and flacky as well, esp the ones at my university ...its like you cant even go after them because of their excuses...any info would be helpful

Last edited by Projekt Kahn; 10-24-2010 at 08:22 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 02:49 AM

1,654 posts, read 5,853,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt Kahn View Post
Sorry for the generalization...but yea I'm a young male college student who recently moved from the states...

I'm decently attractive, social, well spoken, well dressed, and attend school here...

While people here are polite and nice, I feel like when you get deeper most are flacky and hardly any actually want to get to really know you...am I the only that feels like this? the women here also seem really uptight, reserved, and flacky as well, esp the ones at my university ...its like you cant even go after them because of their excuses...any info would be helpful
Which school do you go to? I find York girls easy. Also if they're already involved in a relationship, appearing "flaky" and reserved would probably be the appropriate and expected response to being hit on don't you think?

Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Quote:
..its like you cant even go after them because of their excuses..
Go after them? Try a less direct approach. Develop a network of friends that includes girls and lets them get to know you.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 AM

41 posts, read 173,758 times
well you could always try the clubbing them and dragging them to your cave approach...

a lot of younger women in Toronto are husband hunting snobs. but then again a lot of the girls at your university aren't even from the city but rather new arrivals and probably have an "idea" of how Torontonians behave per their reputation (i.e. being rude and unfriendly).

Mah advice is to look beyond the campus to meet girls if you're not having any success there.

Flaky is fun. Reserved not so much.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:39 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times
Default Don't feel bad; it takes two years to......

Quote:

Here's the counseling I got back when I came up here racing sailboats at 26 and stayed:
It's small town up here; you'll see the ladies again; you'll have another chance. But down south I could go to a different beach every day for the rest of my life and NOT run into someone that caught my eye. Ergo, Americans hit, and hit hard for that critical first impression. Somewhat looking like a used car salesman. Other Americans are used to it. I can tell Americans in this town immediately; when they ask you a question they look you in the eye and actually EXPECT AN ANSWER.

Eurocanadians look at you like you just ran your hand down their pants.
And some of your students that are whiter than you may be DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, and may be embarrassed to try.

Most cultures in the entire world are NOT used to the direct approach. Scares the s..t out of Canadians. So tone it down; relax; let them walk into your gun site instead of chasing them down with your club.

I'm assuming you take a bath every day. Good luck.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:34 PM

9 posts, read 22,004 times
Default excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Here's the counseling I got back when I came up here racing sailboats at 26 and stayed:
It's small town up here; you'll see the ladies again; you'll have another chance. But down south I could go to a different beach every day for the rest of my life and NOT run into someone that caught my eye. Ergo, Americans hit, and hit hard for that critical first impression. Somewhat looking like a used car salesman. Other Americans are used to it. I can tell Americans in this town immediately; when they ask you a question they look you in the eye and actually EXPECT AN ANSWER.

Eurocanadians look at you like you just ran your hand down their pants.
And some of your students that are whiter than you may be DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, and may be embarrassed to try.

Most cultures in the entire world are NOT used to the direct approach. Scares the s..t out of Canadians. So tone it down; relax; let them walk into your gun site instead of chasing them down with your club.

I'm assuming you take a bath every day. Good luck.

Excellent response, definitely seems like the direct approach doesn't work...unlike in the states where a lot of girls like it, and can be won over based on how good your game is...seems like Canadian women either like you or they don't...its a little culture shock, just found it quite odd...

Old 10-25-2010, 04:36 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times
thank you for the note; I've been here half my life (born in Ontario, Canada in a helpful agricultural community) and sometimes I feel like I'm actually a Chinese Physics student in downtown Mogadishu on a bad Saturday night wearing U.S. Marine Corps cargo pants

Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 PM

43 posts, read 173,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
a Chinese Physics student in downtown Mogadishu on a bad Saturday night wearing U.S. Marine Corps cargo pants
You sure have a way with words, my friend.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:15 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,509 times
Quote:

Toronto women look at men as meal tickets. If you have no money or are pursuing a field they think won't garner them sufficient money in the relationship, then they'll pass you over.
Best advice would be to seek a woman from somewhere far away from Toronto.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:19 PM

110 posts, read 588,460 times
I don't think it's necessarily wrong for a woman to want to find a guy with financial stability. Guys often judge females based on the way she looks, so it all kind of evens out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto