Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 04:53 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times

Advertisements

I will admit I like sites like groupon. There is so much to do in this city so getting to try something out at promotional discount often moves me to doing it sooner rather then later.

My current favs for groupon promotions are concerts and theater shows. Usually getting a better price and save all the services fees that I would usually get charged if getting the tickets through ticketmaster, ticketking or the actual venue site.

Not a fan of buying things as I am pretty picky about finishes on products and bought some jewelry and found it was poorly made and never wore it.

I find promotions for dining are hit or misses. I have had a couple really great experiences ex The Windsor Arms Hotel, T-Buds Tea Lounge and several very horrible ex never going back and would never suggest to my worse enemy experiences ex Jerusalem Restaurant (thought it was for Toronto, when in the fine print it was the Mississauga location and then when trying to use the groupon the place actually closed down and I had to bug them for a refund which took several weeks), MoRoCo Chocolat (the worst place I have ever had high tea... would never go there again even for free) and some spa in Yorkville ( that was a nightmare... but eventually closed down).

Anyone else have a positive or negative experiences using groupon or other similar services in Toronto? Are there any other services like this in Toronto. I know dealfind went bust. I also had some good and bad experiences using them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto