Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:16 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Absolutelyclueless, out of touch and sad comments. Using the ridiculous tone of your comments I guess you can blame the Jewish people for the Holocaust because if they were fitter then Hitler and the German Arm they could have organize themselves better as a community and they would have not been able to force the Jews in to those concentration camps. Blame the Pilipino people for getting wiped out by Typhoon Haiyan because if they learned how to run fast enough and swim better they would have never drowned in those waters. For anyone who thinks like this good luck living on your island of hate. If you convey no mercy or compassion to your fellow humans do not dare expect any back. If you work towards building hate in the world, it will be reciprocated against you, consume and destroy you ... after all we reap what we sow !
And once again you COMPLETELY MISS MY POINT. Not surprising i suppose. The point I'll say again is that the past HAS NO BEARING ON THE PRESENT. Something that happened decades or even centuries ago to a group of people shouldn't matter in 2015 to that same group of people. We're not talking about people who actually lived through these horrible events and are still affected by it. That's one thing. We're talking about people who are decades if not centuries removed from those events and they've never experienced it themselves, therefore how can they claim to be to still 'victims' of past events when they themselves probably weren't even alive when the actual event happened?

It would be like a 20 year old Jewish person saying 'The Holocaust affected me deeply and I'm scarred by it', to which I say HOW WHEN YOU NEVER LIVED THROUGH IT?? Just because many Jews once experienced that horror during WWII doesn't mean every single Jewish person who was born afterwards is also affected by it. So a Jewish person today if they fail to make a better life for themselves in 2015 they can't say 'Its because of the Holocaust that is the reason I'm failing' or some other similar bullsh$t.

Similarly for Natives and blacks, they need to own up to the fact that whatever they're doing to raise their kids is often not working which is why so many of them grow up violent, criminal and messed up. So maybe if they had any brains instead of continuing to do what hasn't worked for decades, they might take more responsibility for their kids and try harder to raise them well and to keep them away from bad influences. They need to stop blaming everyone else for their problems when in the current state that Native and black communities are in, even if you gave them perfect conditions and unlimited resources to succeed they would STILL f**k it up because the core problems among them haven't been addressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 09:53 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
I got your point and I 100% disagree with it. The past does effect the present unless you grew up all alone in isolation from the world.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:45 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
There are problems on the Prairies with marginalized and traumatized indigenous folks. It's a sad state of affairs.
I know this. Part of why I brought it up.

As for profiling/police brutality, I don't care what race a person is. It shouldn't happen to anyone. How things are dealt with should be dependent on the situation. If a person is not acting suspiciously, then said person should not be treated suspiciously.

Many want to bring up "well, Blacks and Natives need to own up to their criminal problems". Alot of Blacks and Natives who don't commit crimes try to get away from those who do commit crimes. In my opinion, it isn't a matter of "own up to it". It's a matter of those who know the issues exist respond by leaving crime ridden areas. Basically, it's handled with "they're animals, let them lose their souls". Many Blacks who want better for themselves do just that, leave underclass types behind and go on to better places. The ones who understand there is a problem will not stick around areas like that if they can help it.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I got your point and I 100% disagree with it. The past does effect the present unless you grew up all alone in isolation from the world.
No it doesn't and its SUPER EASY TO PROVE. Just pretend you're a Native person who has kids. If you never teach your children the history of Natives in Canada and kept all the literature about it away from them, how would they ever know that parts of Native history here were really sh$tty? THEY WOULDN'T and hence the past would mean nothing to them because they don't know anything about it.

Its the same as how most Japanese these days don't know about the atrocities the Imperial Japanese Army committed across Asia during WWII because the Japanese government prevented its people from being taught about it. Go to Japan and ask the people there if they know about Japanese atrocities and most will know nothing about it and hence they're unaffected by it unlike in Germany where learning about the Holocaust is mandatory and its why every German knows about their past. That's the difference between knowing about the past and being affected by it even today (the Germans) and not knowing about the past and not being affected by it today (the Japanese).

Old 11-15-2015, 11:03 PM

Default LOL ... okay dream on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
No it doesn't and its SUPER EASY TO PROVE. Just pretend you're a Native person who has kids. If you never teach your children the history of Natives in Canada and kept all the literature about it away from them, how would they ever know that parts of Native history here were really sh$tty? THEY WOULDN'T and hence the past would mean nothing to them because they don't know anything about it.

Its the same as how most Japanese these days don't know about the atrocities the Imperial Japanese Army committed across Asia during WWII because the Japanese government prevented its people from being taught about it. Go to Japan and ask the people there if they know about Japanese atrocities and most will know nothing about it and hence they're unaffected by it unlike in Germany where learning about the Holocaust is mandatory and its why every German knows about their past. That's the difference between knowing about the past and being affected by it even today (the Germans) and not knowing about the past and not being affected by it today (the Japanese).

Do actually have kids? Unless they are stupid they are going to figure it out. Just ask all those people who don't talk to their kids about sex. Yes ... lol denial is always the best why to teach our youth.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Do actually have kids? Unless they are stupid they are going to figure it out. Just ask all those people who don't talk to their kids about sex. Yes ... lol denial is always the best why to teach our youth.
Again go to Japan and ask any Japanese person off the street if they know anything about Japanese atrocities during WWII and the majority of them will know little to none about it. Now go to Germany and ask Germans about Nazi atrocities and almost all will know about it because they were taught it in school.

Most kids aren't interested in the history of their people and especially not the bad parts unless you go out of your way to teach them. Assuming Japanese kids don't have their internet censored, they COULD look up info on what Japan did in WWII but the majority don't because they're not interested enough to do so unlike how most are interested in sex. I mean seriously if you're a kid even if you're interested in the history of your people, are you really going to go out of your way to look up The Rape of Nanking and Comfort women over how bravely the Japanese forces fought during various battles in WWII? Probably not. That's why they need to be TAUGHT those things otherwise they would be oblivious to those events.

Just go google it and see how even to this day the Japanese government tries to minimize Japanese atrocities that happened in the past and how very little most Japanese know about them because they aren't taught much of it in classes even in 2015.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:22 AM

Default Why am I bothering .... why???

Quote:
Again go to Japan and ask any Japanese person off the street if they know anything about Japanese atrocities during WWII and the majority of them will know little to none about it. Now go to Germany and ask Germans about Nazi atrocities and almost all will know about it because they were taught it in school.

Most kids aren't interested in the history of their people and especially not the bad parts unless you go out of your way to teach them. Assuming Japanese kids don't have their internet censored, they COULD look up info on what Japan did in WWII but the majority don't because they're not interested enough to do so unlike how most are interested in sex. I mean seriously if you're a kid even if you're interested in the history of your people, are you really going to go out of your way to look up The Rape of Nanking and Comfort women over how bravely the Japanese forces fought during various battles in WWII? Probably not. That's why they need to be TAUGHT those things otherwise they would be oblivious to those events.

Just go google it and see how even to this day the Japanese government tries to minimize Japanese atrocities that happened in the past and how very little most Japanese know about them because they aren't taught much of it in classes even in 2015.
Okay you are in support of keeping our children/ youth uninformed of the past horrors and mistakes of mankind so they can repeat them? I am 100% again that. I think they need to know and should know so they can look at the big picture and appreciate the importance of peace and respecting the people and the world around them. They need to understand as we all do that action and words have consequences. Children understand and see much more then we give them credit for. I accidently started learning about the Holocaust in grade 2. I picked up a book at a book fair that was a bout a little girl around my age thinking it was a scary store, but then learning it was much worse. It is important to get our values engraved in them before others do. Compassion and tolerance need to be taught young so it is like second nature or we will be living in a world full of self-absorbed psyhchopaths. Sorry, I understand what you are saying, but do not agree with you. People need to understand where other people are coming from and appreciate their life experiences. Maybe you should try walking in the shoes of some of the people you are throwing under the bus with your comments?

Old 11-16-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Okay you are in support of keeping our children/ youth uninformed of the past horrors and mistakes of mankind so they can repeat them? I am 100% again that. I think they need to know and should know so they can look at the big picture and appreciate the importance of peace and respecting the people and the world around them. They need to understand as we all do that action and words have consequences. Children understand and see much more then we give them credit for. I accidently started learning about the Holocaust in grade 2. I picked up a book at a book fair that was a bout a little girl around my age thinking it was a scary store, but then learning it was much worse. It is important to get our values engraved in them before others do. Compassion and tolerance need to be taught young so it is like second nature or we will be living in a world full of self-absorbed psyhchopaths. Sorry, I understand what you are saying, but do not agree with you. People need to understand where other people are coming from and appreciate their life experiences. Maybe you should try walking in the shoes of some of the people you are throwing under the bus with your comments?
Here's the problem. Many native and especially black kids DO NOT appreciate the big picture, they DO NOT understand the importance of peace and respecting people and the world around them, and too many of them SURE AS HELL DO NOT understand that actions and words have consequences. Because if black and native kids did understand all that their communities wouldn't be so messed up and so many of them wouldn't be getting into trouble right now.

Especially with blacks, if they could only even understand that their actions and words have consequences, then maybe they wouldn't be getting violent at the drop of a hat and be willing to risk injury or even death just because they felt 'disrespected' by someone. Maybe they would think twice before pulling the trigger or stabbing someone and taking their lives if they actually gave a damn about their fellow man. But NOPE all too often that DOES NOT HAPPEN which is why we have dead or injured blacks nearly every week.

So my point is lets just put aside the bad parts of the past for now and concentrate on the present. Spend all your time in making sure you raise your kids properly and with respect and compassion for your fellow man. Stop living in the past, bringing up the past and using the past as an excuse as to why the way you are now. Put all that aside and just concentrate on raising your kids right and make sure they get a good education and stay away from the bad people, so that they can grow up to be decent human beings. Its as simple as that.

Right now, whatever blacks have been doing all this time clearly hasn't been working, so why not try something different like what I suggested rather than doing the same crap over and over again and getting the same damn results and losing their kids to violence and crime generation after generation? Seriously you're really not losing much in trying something new at this point.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Default Lol ...

Quote:
Here's the problem. Many native and especially black kids DO NOT appreciate the big picture, they DO NOT understand the importance of peace and respecting people and the world around them, and too many of them SURE AS HELL DO NOT understand that actions and words have consequences. Because if black and native kids did understand all that their communities wouldn't be so messed up and so many of them wouldn't be getting into trouble right now.

Especially with blacks, if they could only even understand that their actions and words have consequences, then maybe they wouldn't be getting violent at the drop of a hat and be willing to risk injury or even death just because they felt 'disrespected' by someone. Maybe they would think twice before pulling the trigger or stabbing someone and taking their lives if they actually gave a damn about their fellow man. But NOPE all too often that DOES NOT HAPPEN which is why we have dead or injured blacks nearly every week.

So my point is lets just put aside the bad parts of the past for now and concentrate on the present. Spend all your time in making sure you raise your kids properly and with respect and compassion for your fellow man. Stop living in the past, bringing up the past and using the past as an excuse as to why the way you are now. Put all that aside and just concentrate on raising your kids right and make sure they get a good education and stay away from the bad people, so that they can grow up to be decent human beings. Its as simple as that.

Right now, whatever blacks have been doing all this time clearly hasn't been working, so why not try something different like what I suggested rather than doing the same crap over and over again and getting the same damn results and losing their kids to violence and crime generation after generation? Seriously you're really not losing much in trying something new at this point.
My only response is LOL ... . I hope you are just as passionate about other topics as your passion is being wasted on this one.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
My only response is LOL ... . I hope you are just as passionate about other topics as your passion is being wasted on this one.
You can disagree with me all you like, but the cold hard facts is that whatever effort blacks in Toronto have put into preventing their kids from becoming violent and criminal have largely failed for DECADES now. If they're that dumb or that lazy to continue to maintain the status quo, then they deserve the outcome that they get which is continued generational violence and crime and death.

You would think by now after so many years they would consider trying something different to solve their problems but nope. As much as I'm pissed about it and how it affects our city, its blacks themselves that will continue to suffer the most for their stubborness and their stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto