Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 33,051 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I was curious about what areas are safe near Keele drive in Downsview, specifically the section of Keele north of and near 401 highway since I'm going to be working there for the summer, near Downsview Public School. (how is the area near that school? Do I have to worry about the area around where I work?)

I don't mind busing but hopefully only about half hour busing max from that area.

How are places on Rowntree ave, near rogers caledonia and st.clair? I heard area near Keele campus is kinda bad (especially with the Sun newspaper story that came out not too long ago) so I was wondering where would it be good to find a place to stay.

I'm only staying for the summer so apartment or houses are fine, just need a good area. By the way hope someone knows some good websites for housing rentals, especially for students (besides kijiji)

I'm looking at $450 max/month all inclusive and hopefully furnished so yeah. Hope people can help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 AM

301 posts, read 1,326,990 times
Okay, so Downsview Public School is located on Keele, just north of Wilson. The area is fine. Downsview doesn't have a great reputation but a lot of that is without merit. The area of Keele Street that's around York U is desolate at night and there's not much housing in that area, except for maybe campus housing. If you're not a student at York, there's not much reason to be walking around there.

Keele and Wilson is a busy spot with big plazas everywhere. You'd be absolutey safe in that area. It's not like you're going to be walking around Downsview at 3 AM, right?

As for Keele and Rogers / St Clair area, well, again, it's not that pretty an area and it might feel a bit sketchy at night, but you're still going to be 100% OK living there. Again, as long as you're not walking through back alleys at 4 AM, you're okay.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 16,515 times
Downsview Public School is on Keele north of Wilson and this is a safe area. The Downsview Plaza is here and police have deemed this a low risk area. Here is a link to the crime stats for the area. Just choose the Downsview-Roding-CFB (26) neighbourhood once you open the link: [url=http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/statistics/crime_maps.php]Toronto Police Service :: To Serve and Protect[/url]

I agree with eastwestman; if you're not a York U student there's no reason to go further north than Keele and Wilson.

As for looking for a place to live, try to find something at Dufferin and Wilson; Allen Road & Sheppard; Bathurst & Wilson. Anything near the Downsview or Wilson or Yorkdale subway stations. All are 1/2 hour bus trip to Keele and Wilson and safe.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 33,051 times
thank you so much! Yes this information helps a lot thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto